About this Course
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (RQF) course is ideal for candidates who are looking to develop their skills and help individuals in a counselling environment.
Getting started on your online counselling course is quick and easy! You will only need to complete a quick online enrolment before having your telephone induction and starting your course.
This course is completed on our online portal within just 1 – 6 months. Throughout this counselling course, you will be assessed via; written assignments, work products, professional discussion, and verbal questions and answers.
On completion, you will be awarded the TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (RQF), which is a nationally recognised qualification, accredited by TQUK and regulated by Ofqual.
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
This counselling qualification offers a foundation for candidates looking for a career in counselling. Completion of this counselling course will provide you with a qualification valued by employers across the UK.
The TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (RQF) is regulated Ofqual, Accredited by Training Qualifications UK and recognised and valued by employers across the UK.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, candidates should be at least 16 years of age to begin this Level 2 Online Counselling Course.
How do I become a counsellor and what does it offer?
Counsellors are found all over the world and across multiple industries. You can find counsellors within most work settings, HR departments, Schools, Colleges and Social care settings. You will even find many companies that offer an online or over the phone counselling service.
Your first step to becoming a counsellor is understanding the full requirements of the role and what the position entails as a counsellor's role may vary depending on the job sector. Once you have completed the relevant course in counselling, you can then go on to apply for the role in your desired setting. You will most likely be required to undertake a DBS check and there may be additional requirements such as English and Maths at Grade C or above.
This TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (RQF) can be completed in just 1 – 3 months, however, candidates will have a total of 6 months should they wish to pace themselves.
The course is completed as a distance learning course based on our online learning portal. You can complete your online counselling course whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an internet connection.
Throughout your journey, your assessor will be available to support you on your course over the phone, by email and through our online messing system. All our assessors have a complete understanding of counselling.
What units are included on this course?
Candidates must only complete just 4 units online to achieve this Level 2 Counselling qualification. The units that need to be completed are;
- Counselling Skills - K/502/6966
- Counselling Skills and Personal Development - T/502/6632
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories - K/502/6630
- Diversity and Ethics in the Use of Counselling Skills - M/502/6631
How do I log into my course?
Approximately 15 minutes after purchase, you will receive your login details by email, including a link and instructions to log into your course. You can also find your learning portal by clicking on the ‘student login’ button on our website, or by clicking here; lms.thelearningstation.co.uk
When will I have my induction?
Your induction will be arranged once you have finished all of the other enrolment modules, and will take place over the phone.
When will my work get marked?
You can expect any work submitted to be marked within just 14 days unless agreed otherwise with your assessor. Your work may not be marked within 14 days if you submitted more than 3 assignments in a month.
Are there any classes or learning materials?
Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans, which may include guidance and materials, as well as providing constructive feedback on the work that you complete.
When will I hear from my tutor/assessor?
Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans with work to complete, as well as their contact information. They will not reach out to you if you are not doing your work, you need to get in touch if you are having trouble with your assignments.
Your assessor should respond to any messages from you within just 3-working days, but it is usually sooner. If you have sent your assessor a message and you haven’t heard back from them, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
When will I get my certificate?
On completion of your course, there are steps that we must take to quality assure your qualification to then send to the awarding organisation.
- The Assessor must review your work in full before submitting it to our IQA, this usually takes around 2 weeks.
- The IQA will review any requests within 1-months, but this is usually sooner. If there are actions on your portfolio it will be sent to the assessor for them to complete, and then these steps will be repeated.
- Once the IQA has quality checked and approved your portfolio for external sampling by the awarding body, the office will submit the claim for your certificate within 5 working days.
- The awarding body will usually issue a certificate within 2-weeks from this point; however, they may request sampling of your work, in which case it can be up to one month.
- The usual duration is 1-2 months from completion.
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri