About this Course
Are you aspiring to become a qualified assessor in the UK? Look no further! Our all-inclusive package equips you with the mandatory requirements to kickstart your career in assessment. Once you've successfully completed this package, you'll meet and exceed the national standards, positioning you to assess qualifications in your chosen field and beyond.
Here's what our comprehensive package includes:
✔️ A1 Assessors/ CAVA - TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF) Course:
- Nationally recognised and Ofqual Regulated Qualification
- Endorsed by major regulatory bodies
- Your gateway to becoming a proficient assessor
✔️ TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) Course:
- Empower yourself to teach and train in subjects where you excel
- Expand your skill set and enhance your career prospects
✔️ Dedicated Expert Tutor:
- You won't be alone on your journey – a seasoned tutor will guide and support you every step of the way
- Benefit from their expertise and personalised assistance
Demonstrate your capabilities through a variety of assessment methods, including:
- Written assignments
- Work product evidence
- Professional discussions
- Witness testimonies
Don't just aspire to be an assessor; take the definitive steps towards your dream career with our package. Elevate your qualifications, gain industry recognition, and embark on your journey to become an assessor.
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
Upon completing this package you will be able to assess learners in any industry of your choice, as long as you have the qualification you are aiming to assess. Example: You will need to have a Level 3 Adult care diploma if you wish to assess level 3 adult care learners.
Both qualifications are regulated by Ofqual, Accredited by Training Qualifications UK and Accepted across the UK as a recognised teaching qualifications for Adult and Further Education.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and should have at least a Level 2 functional skills certificate. Candidates must also have a recognised RQF qualification in the area they are looking to assess.
Why take this package?
This package equips you to proficiently evaluate vocational competencies across various qualifications, encompassing apprenticeships, functional skills, RQFs, diplomas, and certificates.
As a certified assessor, you can appraise learners in educational and professional settings. For full-time assessors and verifiers, the potential earnings range from £18,000 to £24,000 annually. With accumulated expertise, this figure can escalate to an impressive £25,000 to £35,000.
This package can be completed within just 8 months, but it is possible to complete within 6 months!
Both courses are to be completed as distance learning based on our online learning portal. You can complete online whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an internet connection.
Throughout your journey, your assessor will be available to support you on your courses over the phone, by email and by our messing system. All our assessors have years of teaching experience and will fully understand teaching requirements and regulations.
How it Works
Step 1: Course Enrolment - you will need to complete a short enrolment and telephone induction to start
Step 2: Starting the course - your assessor will introduce themselves and issue you with your first assessment plan
Step 3: Submitting Work - when you have completed an assignment, you can upload it to your course portal for your assessor to mark your work and give you feedback. Feedback will be displayed on your portal and emailed to you for ease of reference
Step 4: Getting Help - when you need help, you can contact your assessor with questions any time as well as being able to get in touch with our customer support team between 9 am and 6 pm Mon - Fri.
Step 5: Completion - once you and your assessor are confident that you have met the criteria in each unit, your portfolio goes into the IQA stage which takes approximately 9-12 weeks. After this stage, we will be able to claim your certificate.
How do I log into my courses?
Approximately 15 minutes after purchase, you will receive your login details (Please check Spam folder) by email, including a link and instructions to log into your course. You can also find your learning portal by clicking on the ‘student login’ button on our website or by clicking here; lms.thelearningstation.co.uk.
When will I have my induction?
You will get a call to arrange your induction within days of completing the enrolment process. the induction will go through your chosen course, advise on suitability, Help you choose your optional units, and pathways, explain what is expected from your work, provide training on the use of our system and answer any questions that you have. The Induction will take place over the phone.
When will my work get marked?
You can expect any work submitted to be marked within 14 days marking and feedback may take longer if you submit more than 3 assignments in a month.
What is covered in the PTLLS - TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training ?
Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training. UAN number: H/505/0053
You will need to complete a written assignment reflecting your knowledge around legal responsibilities, equality and diversity, individual needs of learners, maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment and your role as a teacher and your superiors.
Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training. UAN number: D/505/0052
You will need to complete a written assignment reflecting your knowledge and understanding of inclusive teaching and learning, understanding strengths and limitations of your own role, how to motivate learners, ground rules and teaching and learning resources.
You will also need to perform a micro-teach (this is recorded and uploaded to your online learning account) 15 minutes - 1 hour long teaching a session of your choice to a group of at least 3 people of your own choice.
Unit 5: Understanding assessment in education and training. UAN number: R/505/0050
You will need to complete a written assignment reflecting your knowledge around the purpose of assessment, different assessment types, how to conduct assessments, understanding the involvement of learners in assessment, reasons for constructive feedback and effective recording keeping of assessments.
assessments, understanding the involvement of learners in assessment, reasons for constructive feedback and effective recording keeping of assessments.
What is covered in the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement ?
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of assessment D/601/5313
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment.
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Unit 2: Assess occupational competence in the work environment H/601/5314
- Be able to plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
Unit 3: Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding F/601/5319
- Be able to prepare assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
When will I get my certificates?
Upon completion of your course, there are steps that we must take to quality assure your qualification to then send to the awarding organisation.
- The Assessor must review your work in full before submitting it to our IQA, this usually takes around 2 weeks.
- The IQA will review any requests within 1-months, but this is usually sooner. If there are actions on your portfolio, they will be sent to the assessor for them to complete, and then these steps will be repeated.
- Once the IQA has quality-checked and approved your portfolio for external sampling by the awarding body, the office will submit the claim for your certificate within 5 working days.
- The awarding body will usually issue a certificate within 2-weeks from this point; however, they may request a sampling of your work, in which case it can be up to one month.
- The usual duration is 1-2 months from completion.
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri