About this Course
This qualification thoroughly prepares learners to set up a home-based childcare setting as a registered childminder, covering essential topics to ensure a solid foundation for home-based-childcare
What does this package include?
Upon completion, learners will receive an accredited certificate from Training Qualifications UK. This package also includes our CPD-approved Safeguarding Children's course ( Intro to Safeguarding Children) and a 30-minute consultation with a current home-based childcare owner.
The self-paced online childminding course allows learners to gain confidence and competence to become a childminder. The estimated duration is a matter of weeks- 3 months, providing flexibility for learners to progress at their own pace.
Note on OFSTED and Home-Based Childminders
Contrary to common misconceptions, home-based childminders are subject to the same rigorous paperwork and regulatory standards as larger nurseries. To offer support on this, this package includes a 30-minute consultation with a current home-based childcare owner- who will give you tips on how to open your service.
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
On successful completion of this childminding course, you are on your way to setting up your business. Childminding is a very rewarding career to have as you’ll be able to work from home, choose your own hours, don’t have to answer to a boss and so many other advantages.
This Level 3 online course offers an Ofqual Regulated Unit from the TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Accredited by Training Qualifications UK and accepted by major regulatory bodies such as Ofsted and the DfE
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, candidates should be at least 16 years of age to begin this course.
Why work as a Childminder?
Working as a home-based childminder can be incredibly rewarding, not just because you are caring for children but also with how it lets you take control of your work/life balance. You get to work from home! Opening your own home-based business actually has more affordable opening costs than starting up your own nursery and Ofsted are less strict on home-based childminders over big nurseries. Being able to create your own environment of love and learning can be very creative and fun and you get to make all the rules. There are so many reasons to open your own childminding service so what are you waiting for?
This Level 3 Childminding course can be completed in just 4 weeks; however, candidates will have a total of 3 months should they wish to pace themselves.
The course is completed as a distance learning course based on our online learning portal. You can complete your online childcare course whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an internet connection.
Throughout your journey, your assessor will be available to support you on your course by email.
Where can I find course units?
Across the unit, learners will develop an understanding of: The level 3 Childminding Online Course You will learn and Obtain:
- How to set up a home-based childcare service
- How to establish a safe and healthy home-based environment for children
- The importance of partnerships with parents for all aspects of the home-based childcare service
- The principles of the development of routines for home-based childcare
- How to provide play and other activities for children in home-based settings that will support equality and inclusion
- How home-based childcarers can support the safeguarding of children in their care
- The principles of supporting positive behaviour in home-based childcare settings
How it Works
Step 1: Course Enrolment - you will need to complete a short enrolment and telephone induction to start
Step 2: Starting the course - your assessor will introduce themselves and issue you with your first assessment plan
Step 3: Submitting Work - when you have completed an assignment, you can upload it to your course portal for your assessor to mark your work and give you feedback. Feedback will be displayed on your portal and emailed to you for ease of reference
Step 4: Getting Help - when you need help, you can contact your assessor with questions any time as well as being able to get in touch with our customer support team between 9 am and 6 pm Mon - Fri.
Step 5: Completion - once you and your assessor are confident that you have met the criteria in each unit, your portfolio goes into the IQA stage which takes approximately 9-12 weeks. After this stage, we will be able to claim your certificate.
How do I log into my course?
Approximately 15 minutes after purchase, you will receive your login details (Please check Spam folder) by email, including a link and instructions to log into your course. You can also find your learning portal by clicking on the ‘student login’ button on our website or by clicking here; lms.thelearningstation.co.uk.
When will I have my induction?
When will my work get marked?
You can expect any work submitted to be marked within 14 days marking and feedback may take longer if you submit more than 3 assignments in a month.
Are there any classes or learning materials?
All our courses are delivered online so no Classroom learning, We have some learning resources but as our qualifications are vocational and work-based courses, you are expected to conduct research and gain skills, knowledge and understanding from your working environment. Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans, which may include guidance and materials, as well as provide constructive feedback on the work that you complete.
When will I hear from my tutor/assessor?
Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans with work to complete, as well as their contact information. They will not reach out to you if you are not doing your work, you need to get in touch if you are having trouble with your assignments.
Your assessor should respond to any messages from you within just 3-working days, but it is usually sooner. If you have sent your assessor a message and you haven’t heard back from them, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
How will I be Assessed
This qualification requires an assessment of both competence and knowledge. Throughout your Level 3 Childminding Online Course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods:
- Written assignments and coursework
- Having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace
- Direct observations of you carrying out work-related tasks
- Professional discussions over the phone
- Supplying us with work product evidence.
When will I get my certificate?
Upon completion of your course, there are steps that we must take to quality assure your qualification to then send to the awarding organisation.
- The Assessor must review your work in full before submitting it to our IQA, this usually takes around 2 weeks.
- The IQA will review any requests within 1-months, but this is usually sooner. If there are actions on your portfolio it will be sent to the assessor for them to complete, and then these steps will be repeated.
- Once the IQA has quality checked and approved your portfolio for external sampling by the awarding body, the office will submit the claim for your certificate within 5 working days.
- The awarding body will usually issue a certificate within 2-weeks from this point; however, they may request sampling of your work, in which case it can be up to one month.
- The usual duration is 1-2 months from completion.
I live abroad; can I take this course?
Yes you are able to take this course as it is fully online.
What languages is this course available in?
This course is only available in English.
Can I enrol onto a course if I have no experience?
Absolutely! This course is designed for people who are just starting out. For more information, please click here to talk to an agent or call us on 0208 342 7210!
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri