About this Course
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
On completion of this TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course, candidates will have the knowledge and understanding of the requirements for working in Schools.
TQUK Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) is regulated Ofqual, Accredited by TQUK and Accepted by major regulatory bodies such as Ofsted.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, candidates should have a job placement as a teaching assistant in a nursery, school or childcare setting and should be at least 16 years of age to begin this Level 3 Teaching Assistant Course.
Why work as a Teaching Assistant?
Working as a teaching assistant is a rewarding career and carriers many great opportunities. You will be at the heart of a childs education and you will be setting the foundation for the rest of their lives by helping them to reach their potential.
Before you start your career, you will first need to complete this teaching assistant course, which is typically completed alongside a placement as you ease into the role. You will then be able to work as a teaching assistant and have the opportunity to progress onto higher levels after gaining some experience and continuing your studies.
This Level 3 Award for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools can be completed in just 3 – 6 months, however, candidates will have a total of 12 months should they wish to pace themselves.
The course is completed as a distance learning course based on our online learning portal. You can complete your online teaching assistant course whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an internet connection.
Throughout your journey, your assessor will be available to support you on your course over the phone, by email and on our messing system. Our assessors have years of experience working in schools and childcare settings.
Unit 1: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults - F/601/3327
- Understand the principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
- Understand legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 2: Schools as organisations - A/601/3326
- Know the structure of education from early years to post- compulsory education
- Understand how schools are organised in terms of roles andresponsibilities
- Understand school ethos, mission, aims and values
- Know about the legislation affecting schools
- Understand the purpose of school policies and procedures
- Understand the wider context in which schools operate
Unit 3: Understand Child and Young Person Development - L/601/1693
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth - 19 years.
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice.
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern.
- Understand the importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people.
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development.
Unit 4: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People - Y/601/1695
- Understand the main legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand the importance of working in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Understand the importance of ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection in the work setting
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been bullied
- Understand how to work with children and young people to support their safety and wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of e-safety for children and young people
To achieve the TQUK 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, learners must achieve a minimum of 12 credits overall from the Mandatory Units shown above. You can find a list of full unit details in the course qualification handbook.
If you'd like a copy of the course qualification handbook, please give us a call now on 0208 342 7210.
How do I log into my course?
Approximately 15 minutes after purchase, you will receive your login details by email, including a link and instructions to log into your course. You can also find your learning portal by clicking on the ‘student login’ button on our website, or by clicking here; lms.thelearningstation.co.uk
When will I have my induction?
Your induction will be arranged once you have finished all of the other enrolment modules, and will take place over the phone.
When will my work get marked?
You can expect any work submitted to be marked within just 14 days unless agreed otherwise with your assessor. Your work may not be marked within 14 days if you submitted more than 3 assignments in a month.
Are there any classes or learning materials?
As our qualifications are vocational and work-based courses, you are expected to conduct research and gain skills, knowledge and understanding from your working environment. Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans, which may include guidance and materials, as well as providing constructive feedback on the work that you complete.
When will I hear from my tutor/assessor?
Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans with work to complete, as well as their contact information. They will not reach out to you if you are not doing your work, you need to get in touch if you are having trouble with your assignments.
Your assessor should respond to any messages from you within just 3-working days, but it is usually sooner. If you have sent your assessor a message and you haven’t heard back from them, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
When will I get my certificate?
On completion of your course, there are steps that we must take to quality assure your qualification to then send to the awarding organisation.
- The Assessor must review your work in full before submitting it to our IQA, this usually takes around 2 weeks.
- The IQA will review any requests within 1-months, but this is usually sooner. If there are actions on your portfolio it will be sent to the assessor for them to complete, and then these steps will be repeated.
- Once the IQA has quality checked and approved your portfolio for external sampling by the awarding body, the office will submit the claim for your certificate within 5 working days.
- The awarding body will usually issue a certificate within 2-weeks from this point; however, they may request sampling of your work, in which case it can be up to one month.
The usual duration is 1-2 months from completion.
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri