The Learning Station Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions cancel and replace any previous versions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website and its subdomains (“the website”) operated by The Learning Station. By using this website you (“the user”) agree to be bound by its Terms and Conditions as set out herein and the Privacy and Terms If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions you are politely asked to leave the website immediately.
QCF/RQF Diplomas and Curriculum Certification
Please Note, that Under no circumstances do we guarantee that you will obtain any qualification or a pass from your subject course test or exam.
All our courses are Ofqual registered and are valid and recognized by the sector-based regulating bodies in the UK.
We also reserve the right to refuse custom to provide courses, training, or advice and guidance to anyone, without having to provide a reason
You are advised to check that the course you are purchasing is fit for your purpose and is suitable for your present placement and the region of the United Kingdom where you reside in. As we will not be held responsible for any errors of judgment. It will be your responsibility to check with any Local and course-relevant Regulating Bodies, Universities, or Colleges that the course you are purchasing will be accepted, for work in your region and accepted as Entry to further Education.
All RQF courses are taken by adults and these courses are specifically online and distance learning courses so it is down to the learner to complete their assignments and submit them, it's only after submission of work, that our assessors are involved and their responsibility is to grade the work the learner has submitted, we do not teach any of these RQF/QCF courses, however, we do provide Q&A support if requested.
Therefore the Course is delivered in full by the Learning Station when the learner has accessed our Learner Management System or 14 Days after Purchased and no requests for refunds or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan will be accepted after these milestones
1, Defined Terms/Interpretation
In these terms and conditions, the following words shall unless otherwise indicated, have the following meanings:
“Commencement & “Course Commences” means the point at which you first access the training and/ or training materials provided by us, The Learning Station. This will be defined as you attending one of our training academies, accessing your pre-course learning materials, or accessing your online learning platform–whichever occurs first. For courses that require attendance at an academy, commencement is defined as the start date of the original course you booked and paid for/secured funding for, regardless of your attendance.
“Working Day” means a day (excluding Saturdays) on which banks are generally open in London for the transaction of the normal banking business.
“Acceptance” means that unless you advise us of your wish to cancel in line with your cancellation rights you automatically accept these terms and conditions.
“Training Course” and “Course” means the Training Course and related services are chosen by you and defined in the course outline provided in your Formal Offer Email and subsequently confirmed to you by receipt upon full/part payment, or in your signed credit agreement.
“Training Period” means the period during which we will provide you access to the Training Course and the associated learning materials, tutor support, and online learning platform.
Unless the context otherwise requires, words denoting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, words denoting any gender shall include all genders and words denoting persons shall include bodies corporate and unincorporated, associations, partnerships, and individuals.
2. Legally Binding Contract
Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions creates a legally binding agreement between you and London Care Homes Ltd and The Learning Station whose registered office is at 491 Green Lanes Palmers Green, London N13 4BS, and company number is 06140933,(“LCH Ltd Trading as The Learning Station“, we” or“us) and you in relation to the provision by us to you of a Training Course and related services.
2.1 You should read and understand the course outline and be sure that you can meet the necessary prerequisites before engaging our Services.
2.2 A contract between you and us will come into being in one of two ways:
2.3 When you purchase a course online, we and you will enter into a legally binding contract on the date you pay.
2.4 Where you and we agree orally that we should provide the services then there will be a legally binding contract on the date of our oral agreement and it will culminate in an invoice being raised and you would be liable to complete the payment either by phone or by bank transfer.
2.5 We strongly suggest that before you make a purchase and agree to us providing services you read through these terms and conditions. If you have any questions concerning them, please ask us first.
2.6 we reserve the right to change or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to our clients, however, we recommend that you should keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your records and reference for use at a later date.
2.7 This agreement will remain in force until the learner has completed all their payments.
2.8 By making or agreeing to the purchase You irrevocably agree that you have read and fully understand and accept these Terms and Conditions sent as a Link in the full: And-,
2.9 That you are fully aware and that you accept that the coursework is all digital and once our learner management system has been accessed it is not returnable and you lose your right to a refund or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan, this also applies in circumstances where we have not provided any course assessment or feedback, due to the learner not fully completing the enrolment process and or not responding to feedback on assignments.
3.1. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing.
3.2 You agree that we may deliver documents to you via electronic means and you warrant that the email addresses which you have provided to us to facilitate this are correct. You may email documents to us at [email protected]
A document transmitted by:
3.3. To post will be deemed as having been delivered on the third day following the day on which it is posted; and
3.4. an email will be deemed as having been delivered on a working day immediately following the day on which it is transmitted.
4. Providing the Services
4.1 Once you have made a purchase and entered into a legally binding contract, we will start providing the services to you by delivering the course instantly and digitally and it is your responsibility to fully complete the enrolment process and read into the course handbook to get a feel of what you have to do to complete your assignments. A Gentle reminder we do not teach this course, we only assess your work and we provide feedback on your work only. Assistance is available by calling 0208342 7210 during office hours.
4.1a The sale price is the price for the Full Course on the website, we offer easy monthly payment terms of 2, 4, 6, and 12 Months for our clients.
4.1b You will receive an email straight after purchase (this sometimes falls into your Spam Folder) containing your login details and instructions on how to use the system, once you have logged into our Learner Management System you must fully complete your enrolment and press the submit button this will alert us, to check it off.
4.1c Usually within 7-14 days after purchase and enrolment you will be given an Induction by a Competent Person who will ask about your educational and employment background, your present employment and position, advice and information on the course you have chosen, and whether it's suitable for you, advice on different pathways, choice of optional units, the expected Guided Learning Hours that you will need to research and study, a Chat about your manager, and you will need to prove that you possess the required understanding and meet the criteria needed to complete the course as well as an overview of the system. Only after this point will you be allocated an assessor who will mark off your assignments.
4.2 In consideration of the payment of the course fee, we agree to induct and register you with the awarding body and to provide the Training Course and associated services for the Training Period. upon successful completion of the Training Course and assuming that you meet the required standards set out by the awarding body, you will receive an E certificate*** of qualification subject to full payment of all the course fees first.
4.3 By using reasonable care and skill;
4.3a Assessing and Providing Feedback to assignments, and assessor communication can sometimes be quite fast but usually, this can be anything between 7-14 working days and longer during Holliday periods such as Term Times, July, August, September and around Christmas times, we must stress that we are unable to provide any course feedback if no Assignments are submitted.
4.3b Assessing TAQA (Cava) Learners can sometimes become quite stressful learners as there may not be Learners who can be allocated to them who are practicing in their particular subject sector, and once found they may not always be very close and some travelling may be required. Having a group of learners would be helpful. The Learning Station will not impose time frames where learners have not been found.
4.4 In Compliance with commonly accepted practices and standards and in accordance with our awarding bodies; and
4.5 In compliance with Ofqual and United Kingdom laws and regulations in force at the time.
4.6 A request for access to any element of the Training Course, including but not limited to online learning platform access, tutor support, or examination re-sits that fall outside of the Training Period may result in additional costs and fees to yourself.
4.7 If you fail to meet the required standards set out by the Awarding Body you may be required to re-sit examinations. This may result in additional costs to yourself which will be confirmed to you prior to you undertaking an examination re-sit.
4.8 Training Courses with E-Learning elements will take place via an online learning platform. We reserve the right to change that platform at any time in which case we will not incur any additional liability to you. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the required online computer access to enable you to meet the requirements of the course.
4.9 In circumstances whereby you are required to attend an academy as part of the Training Course, the venue will be determined by us which we will confirm to you at least seven days before your first attendance date.
4.10 We reserve the right to change the location of a course at any time in which case we will not incur any additional liability to you. In such circumstances, we will offer you an alternative location.
4.11 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation, but that will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
4.12 You may not transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms.
5 Training Materials
Various electronic and physical training materials and documentation (“Training Materials”) will be supplied to you on the course which you may retain under a non-exclusive, non-transferable license subject to the following provisions.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Training Materials anywhere in the world belong to The Learning Station, that rights in the Training Materials are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Training Materials other than the right to use them in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5.1. In respect of Training Materials supplied by us in physical form, receive and possess the Training Materials associated with the relevant Training Course purchased and use such Training Materials; and
5.2. In respect of Training Materials made available to you by us in electronic form, download, or otherwise access, and use such Training Materials; and for the purposes of completing the associated course and for your subsequent revision purposes.
Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions you undertake:
5.3. Not to copy the Training Materials except where such copying is incidental or necessary for the purposes of completing the Training Course;
5.4 Not to rent, sub-license, loan to or translate the Training Materials;
5.5. Not to alter, or modify, the whole or any part of the Training Materials, nor permit the Training Materials or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated into, any other materials;
5.6. Include the copyright notice of The Learning Station on all entire and partial copies you may make of the Training Materials on any medium; make and
5.7 Not to provide or otherwise make available the Training Materials in whole or in part, in any form to any person without prior written consent from The Learning Station.
6.1 Commencement & “Course Commences” means the point at which you first access the training and/ or training materials provided by us, The Learning Station. This will be defined as you attending one of our training academies, accessing your pre-course learning materials, or accessing your online learning platform–whichever occurs first. For courses that require attendance at an academy, commencement is defined as the start date of the original course you booked and paid for/secured funding for, regardless of your attendance.
6.2 Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations Act, 2013, which came into force on the 13th of June 2014 it states that any cancellation requests received after, Digital coursework has been dispatched to you either through our website or our Learner Management System has been accessed with the secure Login details sent to you by email, Then you will lose your right to a refund or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan.
6.3 The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 that came into force on 13 June 2014 apply and clients have the right to cancel this contract without any liability (subject to a cancellation and registration fee below) within 14 days of the Contract start date, provided that, Services have not commenced and (please see point 1, 2 & 6.2 above ) are not due to commence within this period.
6.4 All complaints and claims relating to Contracts with the Company must be received in writing to [email protected] The Company will respond to all complaints from this inbox within 30 days of their receipt.
6.5 All clients have access to the required mandatory information about the Company as set out under the Provision of Service Regulations 2009 in about us.
6.6 This is a Legally Binding Contract and once you make a purchase it is irrevocably agreed by you, that you will be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
7. Payment Plans
- We offer easy payment plans (for some courses) payable over Two, Four, Six, and Twelve months and we charge a small admin fee (no interest) for this easy payment method,
- The first payment usually amounts to 30% (although this can change) of the total fee inclusive of the admin fee and the remainder is paid over the selected monthly term,
- We use PayPal and SagePay for our payment gateway to manage our payments, you can choose to pay with your desired Credit/Debit Card or through your own personal PayPal account.
- By accepting to pay by this method, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract and you will be liable for the full payment of the course price plus any incurred costs through late payments
- If you miss any payments or cancel the recurring payment agreement, without first informing The Learning Station in writing to email@example.com then;
- We will try to initiate an automatic payment again after 2-3 days, failing this a reminder with a new payment link will be sent to your known Email address and a Text Message to your Mobile Phone so that you can resume your payments and (at the discretion of the management) this will incur a £50.00 + VAT admin fee for a canceled or a missed payment and;
If a payer defaults on more than two occasions (at the discretion of the management) the late payment fee of £50 + VAT will incur a further 20% charge +VAT and The Learning Station will demand the full outstanding amount Including all and any Late Payment Fees. If after 14 days of request the payment is still outstanding and the solution has not been agreed upon, then we will pass this onto our Debt Collections Provider where we will add further recoverable Charges that include legal, admin, and interest charges as well as a CCJ.
- If non-payment continues beyond 14 days, then we will cease to deliver and Block your access to The Learning Station Learner Management System - Once resolved the course can be resumed.
- Once Legal Proceedings have begun you will be expected to pay:
- The full outstanding Course Fees, Plus;
- £280.00 + VAT admin fee.
- The Court Costs include any legal advice.
- The Course Registration Fee.
- Bailiffs/Collections Company Charges.
- Daily accruing interest on outstanding debt.
- interest from the registration date.
- Plus any other recoverable fees that we incur.
- Chargeback fees can be anything up to £500.00 per chargeback.
8. Early Completion:
If the learner has enrolled in a course with a 12-month payment plan and has completed all the coursework needed for certification, then the Learner will be expected to pay up the remaining payments before any certification takes place.
9.1 We provide all learners with an initial assessment diagnostics test prior to beginning most courses as this provides a clear assessment of your academic capabilities.
9.2 We screen and induct every client around suitability, we ask for information on competence, previous experience, previous and ongoing educational achievements and expectations, their present work placement and if it is Suitable, If the client is not in a placement at this point, is the client looking and hopeful to gain a work placement soon, and why they want to complete this course. it's only after this screening that we allow the client to progress onto their requested course, However, If you fail to meet the criteria needed for the purchased course. the Quality Assurance person will recommend a lower-level course that is more suitable for you/them. at this point, you will still be liable for the course/product that you have purchased, and by choosing a lesser course you will be refunded the difference in price for a course transfer that is more appropriate for your level and fits your employment and meets the necessary prerequisites before engaging our services.
9.3 If English is not the native language you should ensure that your proficiency in both written and oral English is of a sufficient standard to enable you to meet the demands of any chosen course.
10. Enrolment and Registration
10.1 All Learners must provide the Centre with a valid ID (passport or national ID) and proof of address.
10.2 An enrolment form must be completed together with Initial Assessments in Maths and English as well as the Getting Started area part of your coursework.
10.3 These will have to be completed and verified before you are allocated an assessor.
11. Changes During the Course
11.1 We do not accept responsibility for changes to the availability or syllabus content of the accredited courses as set by an awarding body.
11.2 Should your syllabus be phased out, at any time during your study or assessment period, we can only extend this to the last available date for which your course is valid.
11.3 If you need to be transferred to a new syllabus you will incur a charge for this as deemed appropriate by the awarding body. (Please See Transfer Charges Below)
11.4 In the event of changes to the syllabus and assessment criteria, we reserve the right to alter the content or structure of a course without prior notice being given to you.
11.5 We can sometimes convert your purchased course to a lower level, and this would incur an Admin fee, and a further registration fee (See Charges Below) and we would refund the differences in the courses less the above and any other charges associated with this to the purchaser.
12. LEARNERS WITH SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
On enrolment, learners are encouraged to indicate whether they have additional educational needs that can be supported throughout their time at the center.
Allowances will be made for poor spelling; assignments will be marked on the basis of content, meaning, and understanding. Additional material will be available on yellow, pink, blue, or green paper should that be the learner's preference.
Permission to tape lessons (on approval by Assessor)
Extra time for examinations (approval from Awarding Organisation).
Due to financial constraints and planning regulations, it may not always be possible to make necessary adjustments where existing building restrictions make access difficult. Areas that are presently inaccessible to people with impaired mobility will be reviewed and used as required.
Should you need support with access please make this known to the center at the inquiry stage.
Learners may have other conditions affecting their studies i.e. epilepsy, asthma, etc. Learners are advised to inform the center at the time of enrolment for advice and information on the level of support available.
In order to qualify for special consideration, Learners will have to present the center with a valid medical assessment from a recognized doctor. The center will endeavor to identify a student’s special requirements and make the necessary adjustments and support available. However, the responsibility for initiating these arrangements lies wholly with the Learner and we would also require a Statement of SEND from your Local Authority.
Registration for External Examinations:
We will assist the Learner in registering for external examinations; the exam fees for all such examinations are included in the price of any course.
13 Completion Dates
13.1 The course must be completed within the time frame given on the date of enrolment.
13.2 Should the learner not complete the Course within the stipulated time frame, the study time can be extended by a further period, depending on certain conditions, and this may incur an admin fee. (Please see Charges Below)
13.3 After this period it is deemed that the enrolment has lapsed and the learner will need to re-enroll and pay the full fees for the course, This is at the discretion of The Learning Station Director.
14.1 From time to time our staff, assessors, and tutors can move on, their circumstances may change or they may become unwell deeming them not fit to carry on, however, we are always looking to add other quality assessors to our team and minimize any loss of time and support to our learners. if we do not have an assessor or a Tutor ready to take over, then we would need to advertise, conduct interviews and recruit...if this unforeseen situation arises then, we ask you to bear with us in these circumstances and hope that we would resume assessor support as early as possible, If this does arise we will extend the course by any lost amount of time to make up for any lost time, free of charge.
14.2 It is up to the assessors on how they have contact with a learner, The Learning Station prefers that all contact between Assessor and Learner through our Learner Management System and by Email only.
15 Copyright and Materials:
15.1 The Learning Station is obliged to comply with the United Kingdom and international copyright law. This means that we will not make copies of materials for Learner unless the Publisher expressly grants us permission to do so.
15.2 Course books and materials are not supplied by The Learning Station and it will be the responsibility of the learners to buy and supply their own.
16.1 The Learning station does not charge for sending out E-certificates by Email, However, if you need a hard copy then this will attract a fee of £20.00 +Vat payable in advance and on order through the Website. Once payment has been made and your address has been fully confirmed - we will send the hard copy by Registered Post. The cost of a replacement certificate or Name change due to an error on the student's behalf will cost £50.00+Vat plus any other charges from the awarding body, The Learning Station takes no responsibility for any certificates damaged or lost during delivery.
17. Access to courses
17.1 online classrooms, all learners will receive instructions and login details on how to access their individual online classrooms on our Learner management system to begin their coursework.
17.2 As in 14 above The Learning Station, reserves the right to change, add and assign assessors and tutors without notice at any time.
17.3 All learners will be provided with Information Advice and Guidance to help and guide them in their career progression during and after this course is complete, it will be up to each learner to enter the course and complete each unit of coursework, as a company we will provide assessment and feedback on completed work only.
17.4 Duration, The Learning Station will allow Learners no more than 3 months from the Start/Purchase date to complete the Level One Award Course, 6 Months for the Level One, Two Functional Skills Courses, 12 Months for a QCF Level One, Two & Three Courses and 18 Months for a QCF Level 5 Course. Any extensions may incur a further fee and you will need to extend before your course end date. (Please see charges below)
17.5 Learners should make sure that they are in a placement relevant to the course they are taking as Observations will need to be carried out at a place of work, you should also be aware of your academic level and choose a course level suitable for you, as you may struggle to complete a course that is beyond your comprehension - we can agree to convert a course to a suitable level if required and there will be a charge for this. (Please see transfers and Registration Charges below)
17.6 We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Website including the Learner Management System (or any portion thereof) and/or the information, materials, products, and/or services available through this Website including the Learner Management System (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension, or discontinuance of this Website. We recommend that you keep saved on your own device a copy of any completed coursework for future use and reference.
17.7 Assessing and assignments, Learners should ensure that they submit their assignments at least monthly and no more than 3 at a time, by submitting more will only delay feedback and the assessing procedure, Our assessors do not assess more than a maximum of three units per month, and there is no rollover to the next.
17.8 Learners should make sure they keep copies of their assignments and work that they may need to upload to our Learner Management System, as we do not Guarantee 100% uptime and there could be a loss of data during any downtime.
Course Extensions must be requested in writing prior to the Course end date and will only be accepted in circumstances where the course can be comfortably completed within that extra time.
18.1 Some Observations will be carried out face to face and some by the learner’s manager as an expert witness; this will be done with the full support and guidance of the Learning Station.
18.1 Observations are generally free for most QCF/RQF qualifications in England with the exception of situations like 18.2 and those candidates living in the British Isles/ Channel Islands, including Northern Ireland who would be required to pay a £350.00+VAT observation fee per day. The above charges are fees for observation only, a travel fee of £0.65 per mile will also need to be paid if travelling by rail or road if travelling by air would need to be charged at the appropriate return airfare on the day plus if needed any overnight accommodation added depending on where the observation is to take place.
18.1.1 in the event of a Cancellation of an Observation with less than 2 working days' notice the learner will have to pay a fee of £280.00+Vat for another observation date.
18.1.2 Please note that for any observations carried out after May 25th, 2018, We will require an email from you the learner giving consent for an Observation to be carried out at your place of work, However, if your observation involves Professional discussion, witness testimony, oral questioning that is being recorded, there will be a requirement that you the learner, voice your consent in the recording by stating your full name, date of birth, the present date and that you give consent for the observation to go ahead. without this, a completion cannot be registered, Missing or refusing this may result in extra charges.
18.2 As these courses are online and distance learning courses we do not always have assessors close to the learner's area, although we always try to allocate an assessor to cover the observation, this can sometimes be a lengthy wait. It can also be covered by the learner's manager subject to meeting the criteria for assessing and agreeing to The Learning Station Policies and Procedures. In the unfortunate event that we cannot get a local assessor then, we can arrange for an assessor to travel from London to the learner's workplace to complete the observation, there will be a fee attached to this as at 18.1
18.3 Course Registrations are applied for at the start of your course, certifications will only be applied for after fully completing the coursework and course fees are paid up.
18.4 Candidates who wish to enroll on a Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement with The Learning Station and would like to source their own learners from an external training provider must have written consent from the external training provider to allow observation to take place from the candidate (you) and from our (The Learning Station) assessors. Additionally, for evidence purposes, we may also need access to the external training provider's learners' portfolios.
18.5 The Learning Station provides the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement course with learners accessible to candidates wishing to become an assessor through the following sectors; Children and Young People's Workforce, Early Years Education, Residential Childcare, and Adult Care.
Please note that day one is the start date and the start date is the payment date.
19.1 The Consumer Contracts Regulations 13 June 2014 apply and clients have the right to cancel this contract without any liability (subject to a cancellation and registration fee below) within 14 days of the Contract start date, provided that, Access to our learner management system/Platform has not been accessed within this period.
19.2 In circumstances whereby you agree to undertake the Training Course and the course commences within the 14-day cancellation period, you will not be able to cancel the agreement, receive a refund of fees paid or be able to cancel future payments on an active instalment plan. In the case of E-learning, online and or distance learning courses, you may not cancel the agreement once you have accessed the online learning platform.
19.3 The Company reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee and if appropriate the registration fee in respect of contracts that are cancelled by the client within the 14-day period.
19.4 The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion and without further liability to change dates, times and venues or cancel an event; in the case of cancellation, all monies will be refunded to the payer. The Company’s events are constantly updated and improved and the Company reserves the right at any time and without notice to alter any part of the course delivery, the assessors, and the learner management system content.
19.5 If there has been no communication and no course activity for 3 months The Learning Station will have the right to remove you from the active learner list and will assume that you have deserted the course and this will place you in the Non-Payments section and you will be dealt with as point 20.3 Below.
19.6 Upon termination for any reason:
a, All rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions shall cease;
b, You must cease all activities authorized by these Terms and Conditions;
c, You must immediately pay to us any sums due to us under these Terms and Conditions; and
d, you must immediately delete or remove the Training Materials from all computer equipment in your possession, and immediately destroy or return to us (at our option) all copies of the Training Materials then in your possession, custody, or control and, in the case of destruction, certify to us that you have done so.
e The Learning Station reserves the right to cancel any learners' course (s) who do not abide by these terms and conditions or who cause a nuisance by making improper claims, in order to request a refund or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan, or to those learners who persistently make demanding requests about how to complete the coursework and especially those who are rude and abusive to any of our head office or, assessing staff members. Cancellation of your course by The Learning Station will not affect or reduce the agreed fee and you will be expected to pay the full cost, any late fees as well as court costs.
In order to claim a refund or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan, you would need to check the terms and conditions as detailed here and send an Email to cancellation[email protected] usually responds within 28 days
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current outbreak of the Coronavirus, some examinations may be subject to rescheduling and cancellation following government guidelines. If your examination is cancelled or rescheduled during this time, you will not be eligible for a refund.
20.1 All our agreements are legally binding and we expect all our clients to abide by them, withheld, late and non-payment of the monthly payments will be legally pursued for the full amount owing, and if necessary, legal action will be taken and you will be responsible for all incurred and recoverable charges to cover admin, litigation and court costs and plus interest.
20.2 In the unlikely event, that a learner does not pay his/her agreed Recurring Fee/Payment Plan, or Invoice, we will send out two email reminders only to the Registered Email Addresses only, if we have had no response after 14 days, then The Learning Station reserves the right to request the full amount outstanding, being the full course fee, a late payment fee of £280.00+ VAT, the course registration fee £130.00+ Vat plus debt Recovery Fee of £100.00 +Vat plus any legal and court expenses plus interest at Nat West Bank’s Base interest rate plus 8% on any outstanding amounts that remain unpaid.
20.2 In the event that the Learner has not responded and has not brought their account up to date, then The Learning Station will pass on the Case to a Debt Collector who may add further costs to the outstanding amount.
20.2a If your account falls late more than once, then we will not need to send any late payment reminders, and legal action will be taken as in point 20.2 to recover our costs and fees, these may include previous legal fees too.
20.3 Non-Payment of more than 14 days will result in your account being suspended until payments have resumed and this will not affect this agreement or reduce your liability to pay for the course as agreed above.
Interest is charged on all chargeable amounts as documented above, the chargeable start date is the agreement/start. this is triggered by any default on agreed payments during the agreed period, as agreed at purchase.
20.4 Request to move or change payment dates will incur an Admin Fee of £25.00.
21. No activity
21.1 If there has been no communication and no course activity for 3 months The Learning Station reserve the right to remove you from the active learner list and will assume that you have deserted the course, if at this point you still owe any money then this will place you in the Non-Payments section and it will be dealt with as point 20. above.
22.1 The total fee on the website that you agreed to pay on the purchase date includes the full amount of the payment plan.
22.2 Course Registration fee Plus Vat
22.3 Course Cancellation fee £50.00 plus Vat per course.
22.4 Course Conversion/transfer Fee £50.00 Plus Vat plus any Course registration Fees.
22.5 Course extensions £458.33 Plus Vat for each extra 6 months only.
22.6 Course Observations are generally free within England unless you fall into a category of 18.2 Above than the charges at 18.1 will apply, However. the same charges apply for learners in the British Isles please see 18.1 above.
22.7 Candidates living in the British Isles including Northern Ireland are required to pay £350.00+Vat per day as an observation fee.
22.8 Candidates living in the British Isles including Northern Ireland are required to pay Return Travel costs and accommodation charges for an assessor to carry out an observation.
22.9 Payment Reversals are usually for a wrong purchase or an extra payment, this will incur a £25.00 fee.
22.10 Cancellation within 14 days, will incur an Admin fee of £50.00+vat plus the course registration Fee if appropriate.
22.11 Extensions of Course £458.33+vat for 6 months only.
22.12 Late pay admin fee £280.00+vat
22.13 Non-Payment, of Course, will incur a full charge of the remaining course fee, the late pay admin fee, The Registration Fee, and Legal and court costs plus we will charge you interest at Nat West Bank’s Base interest rate plus 8% on any outstanding amounts that remain unpaid for more than 14 days from date of invoice. We use a third-party collection agency which will add further to these charges.
It is company policy that once a chargeback has been issued against a payment taken by The Learning Station, that either directly contradicts our terms and conditions and/or is frivolous, additional charges are applied for the time and administration needed to deal with the case as well as to compensate for any potential damage to our reputation with the banks and to reimburse for any potential legal fees or wages needed to recover the outstanding payment. This figure can reach up to £500 per charge-back.
22.14 Exam Retakes are priced at £45.00+vat per exam
These terms and Conditions (together with all documents referred to in them) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the English courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions and any documents referred to in them.
24. Trade Mark and Legal Statement
1. You are not allowed to display our logo, design or trading name unless agreed by us in writing.
25. Data Protection and Privacy
Please see below the types of personal data we collect from you.
- The name and contact details that you provide when you register as a member with us
- your payment and address details
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- your browser or device information
- information about your use of our websites and apps
- your communications with us
- information about your Login times and purchased Courses.
- Assignments that you have uploaded to our site.
- Registration Information with Awarding Bodies and Assessors.
Who We share your information with.
- The Learning Station Staff.
- Assessors/Associate Teachers
- Internal Verifiers/Supervising Teachers.
- External Verifiers/For Regulatory Purposes
- Awarding Bodies/For Registration Purposes
- Sub Contracting - Training and Education Service providers
If you’ve opted-in to receive information and offers relating to The Learning Station and our commercial partners (for example by ticking a box on one of our websites or apps), then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text, or phone.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time, and you have a right to request that your details are removed/deleted please email this to [email protected] to confirm your request
25.1 The Learning Station is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
25.2 We only collect and retain a range of accurate, up-to-date, and relevant information so that we can stay in touch.
25.3 The information you provide will be for the purpose of administration, career guidance, and to meet any funding requirements, also for our own statistical and research purposes.
25.4 We will not share or sell any of your information with any 3rd party organizations, but we may send you Marketing and News items information on their behalf if you have opted in to receive Marketing or News emails from us.
25.5 At no time will your personal information be passed to organizations for marketing or sales purposes.
25.6 We maintain reliable, auditable quality assurance systems for the purpose of documenting and recording assessment decisions.
25.7 We keep records to track learner progress and allow for the independent authentication of certification claims as is a requirement of all awarding org
25.8 We will only discuss the Course or coursework with the learner, under no circumstances will we engage with an agent, friend, or family member unless we are required to by law.
25.9 if we suspect that any person is using another person or a proxy doing their work then we will immediately cancel the course and report the learner for plagiarism, this will not reduce your liability to pay for the course as agreed.
26.1. All sums payable under this agreement unless otherwise stated are exclusive of VAT and other duties or taxes.
26.2. Any VAT or other duties or taxes payable in respect of such sums shall be payable in addition to such sums and shall become payable by the Customer at the same time as the payments.
26.3. VAT will be charged for all our products and services.
27. Intellectual Property Rights
1. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all specifications, drawings, illustrations, diagrams, course literature, and other documents issued by Construction Support Line will remain the property of London Care Homes Ltd and The Learning Station and may not be reproduced without permission.
28. Limitations of liability
The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts, or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- for any indirect, special, or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
- These limitations of liability apply even if The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our sites, services, or tools, and the operation of our sites, services, or tools may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms, and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of your use of or your inability to use our sites, services, and tools. please see Privacy and Terms of Trade and use of the website
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to (a) the full cost of the training course (including any applicable tax) and its original costs, (b) the total fees (under The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) Fees and Services) you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) £100.00 plus VAT
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit, and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) or’
- a matter in which it would be illegal or unlawful for The Learning Station (www.thelearningstation.co.uk) to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
31. This Contract Ends only, Subject to :
A, By a written request within 14 days of purchase subject to not having accessed our learner Management System.
B, withdrawal from the course after completing the full payment.
C, After completion of the Course and with all fees paid up.
Confirmation of Contract end would be in writing from a Company Director, Only. at [email protected]
32. No Warranties
London Care Homes Ltd and The Learning station make no representations or warranties with respect to this website or its contents, which are provided for use "as is". we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, quality, and fitness for a purpose, with respect to this website and any website with which it is linked. we also make no representations or warranties as to whether the information accessible via this website, or any website with which it is linked, is accurate, complete, or current. you accept that our owners, officers, directors, employees, and other representatives shall have the benefit of this clause.
Your statutory rights as a consumer, if any, are not affected by these provisions, and we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
London Care Homes Ltd Trading as The Learning Station
Rear of 491 Green Lanes
Palmers Green , London
Tel 0208 342 7210
33. Zero Tolerance Policy
33.1 Our staff comes to work to help and support our customers, and it is important for everyone to be treated with respect. The Learning Station has a duty and responsibility to ensure that all staff can go about their work and professional practice without being subjected to unacceptable behavior. This is in compliance with The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), which requires all organizations to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and welfare at work of their employees. The Learning Station operates a zero-tolerance policy towards harassment and abuse of its staff, which includes (but is not limited to) homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ageism or harassment or abuse on basis of disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. We aim to manage unacceptable behavior in a manner that protects our staff and members of the public wherever it is appropriate and necessary to do so. We recognize that in some circumstances, people may have a disability or mental health problem that may make communication more difficult. Where there is a concern about unacceptable behavior, we will always consider individual needs and circumstances before deciding on how we should respond.
33.2 If we receive abusive language through online communication or via a letter, we will not respond. If we receive verbal abuse over the telephone, we will end the phone call.
33.3 DEFINITION: Unacceptable behavior includes (but is not limited to): • Offensive or abusive language, verbal abuse, and swearing including specific references to homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia (whether aimed at or conducted by either clients or staff) • Any physical violence towards any member of the charity team or other clients such as pushing or shoving • Racial abuse and sexual harassment • Loud and intrusive conversation • Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff. Requests will be met wherever possible, and explanations are given when they cannot • Unwanted or abusive remarks • Negative, malicious, or stereotypical comments • Invasion of personal space • Brandishing of objects or weapons • Near misses i.e., unsuccessful physical assaults • Threats, or risk of serious injury to a member of staff, fellow client or visitors • Bullying or victimization • Intimidation, including acting in a way which inspires fear, demands great respect or frightens into submission • Stalking • Spitting • Alcohol or drug-fuelled abuse • Unreasonable behavior and non-cooperation • Any of the above which is linked to destruction of or damage to property.
33.4 It is important to remember that such behavior can be either in person, by telephone, by letter or e-mail, or by another form of communication such as graffiti on our property. This policy applies throughout the company including our premises. It also applies to any staff member away from the office/test center, but only in so far as it relates to the business of the company.
33.5 Any incidents of abusive or threatening behaviors towards our staff will be taken very seriously. We recognize that violence, aggression, and abuse at work is distressing and damaging to the health and well-being of those involved. Support and assistance will therefore be made available to anyone affected. Should a member of our staff feel they are being exposed to unacceptable behavior, the matter will be passed immediately to our director, who will attempt to resolve matters to ensure the continuation of services where possible. Appropriate risk assessments will be conducted to assess and review the duties of the staff member, identify any "at-risk" situations, and take appropriate steps to reduce or remove the risk to staff, particularly if they are working alone. However, this may involve reducing direct contact with the staff member involved in the first instance, and/ or our director being in attendance during any contact (for example, meetings). Should the situation persist, this may result in removal from our services and all interventions ceasing with immediate effect. This will not affect this agreement or reduce your liability to pay for the course as agreed above as per point 20.3 above. There will be no appeal process in these circumstances. In some cases, this may also involve reporting incidents to the local police or safeguarding boards.
Course Bookings - CITB Site Safety Plus & Level 1 Health and Safety Courses, Example, CSCS Training, SSSTS and SMSTS including Online, Health, and Safety (CSCS) Traffic Marshall/Warden and other CPD Courses, Functional Skills Courses and Exams Etc:
Online courses are exactly that, your computer should be in a good state of repair and you must have the knowledge and ability to use the computer without any issues.
CITB Test Bookings
- Email: [email protected]
- Main telephone number: 0344 994 4488
Workshops and CPD Bookings:
We -Us - Provider – The Trainer -The Learning Station
You - Booking Company - Booker -Individual Delegates
- A booking is only confirmed when written confirmation of the booking is received by the booker and/or delegate from us. This constitutes a binding contract.
- It is the responsibility of the booker to provide The Learning Station with the address of a training venue and a Purchase Order together with the full payment of the booking.
- Payments can be made via our website, by debit or credit card by cheque, or by BACS. Cheques should be made payable to “The Learning Station”, please ensure VAT is added to the payment and allow at least 5 days for clearance.
- Payments must be made within the full 14 days prior to the provision of the Open Course.
- Payment is only accepted in pounds sterling.
The Learning Station agrees to:
- Provide a Suitably experienced trainer to provide the Workshops booked.
- The Learning Station is not liable in respect of any delay in the completion of any training; if applicable, the timetable for the training will be modified accordingly on the day.
- The Learning Station reserves the right to cancel training immediately for the Courses if the training facilities are found to be inadequate.
- If you satisfactorily complete your training, we will issue a certificate of attendance or completion, specifying the course title, delivery date, and appropriate continuing professional development (CPD) hours.
- The Learning Station will in no way be responsible for any loss, loss of earnings, damage, or injury whilst you are NOT on their premises.
- The Learning Station seeks to ensure that the contents of courses are continually reviewed and kept up to date, this could result in some alterations to the published contents,
- The Learning Station reserves the right to make amendments to the published course contents without notice.
- We will make every effort to accommodate people with special requirements, eg due to disability. Please inform us in writing of any special needs and requirements at the point of booking.
- The Learning Station and all partner venues are strictly no smoking areas and you must adhere to rules and regulations on the day.
- At the start of all Training sessions a Good Housekeeping, Induction will be given the location of all fire exits will be noted.
- The Certificate of attendance cannot be provided without the approval of the trainer.
All remote examinations have to be conducted following our policies and procedures. If we feel our policies and procedures are not being followed for any reason, the examination may be canceled without any notice and without recourse to refunds, however, examinations can be taken at our center at a later date.
The Booking Companies Obligations:
You are expected to
- Co-operate with the ‘The Learning Station and the Trainer.
- Provide the ‘Learning Station and the Trainer with any information reasonably required by the
- Obtain all necessary permissions and consents which may be required before the commencement of the training.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements as may be necessary for the training to take place
- Be liable to compensate and irrevocably indemnify ‘The Learning Station’ for any expenses incurred by ‘The Learning Station’ as a result of the Organisation’s failure to comply with UK public law and these terms and conditions.
- Provide suitable and sufficient training facilities, large enough to accommodate all candidates, and the training being undertaken (please note that suitable floor space is required for first aid courses); provide adequate comfortable seating and provision for written work, along with a power point and table and an appropriate screen for the trainer; provide suitable parking provision for the same allowing for unloading of equipment, etc. and or any delegates needing special provision and disability access.
- Have in force and displayed for public view at all times valid, Public Liability, Employers Liability, Professional Indemnity, Insurance Certificates.
- You are deemed to carry out regular risk assessments of all premises being used to perform training and have this available for public view.
- All candidates will be covered for all risks while on the premises of the Booking organization on the day.
- It is the responsibility of the booker to satisfy them as to the suitability of the course before booking.
- You must make us aware of any medical conditions when booking by filling in the details requested on the booking form. If your situation has changed after completing the booking form please make us aware of any changes immediately.
- Provide the ‘The Learning Station and the Training Provider’ with any information reasonably required by the ‘The Learning Station to communicate it to the training provider.
- Where training is carried out on any other organisation's premises, all delegates must conform to and comply with the Health and Safety Policy as laid down by the Company from time to time. Breaches of this policy may result in the delegate being suspended or excluded from the course and premises.
- 4. If any delegate arrives more than 15 minutes after the course start time you may be refused entry until after the break time.
Attending Delegates Obligations:
- Learners shall not deliberately disrupt or interfere with the education of other learners or the work of the center
- Learners shall not commit any action which causes or is likely to cause injury to any person (criminal offense).
- Learners shall not take away, misuse or damage any property belonging to any Learner, employee, or agent of the Centre guests or visitors.
- Co-operate with the ‘The Learning Station and the Training Provider.
- Must be at the venue for the start, of course, any latecomers will not be allowed entry until after the break.
- Mobile phones should be switched off
- Subject to availability, an individual paying delegate may transfer a booking to an alternative course on one occasion only. The new Course must be within 3 months of the date of the original booking. Provided The Learning Station is notified more than 14 days prior (you must get an Acknowledgement letter) to the course start date and payment has been received in full.
- In the event that a transfer is requested, this will attract an administration fee of 25% of the course fee and will be payable immediately with the transfer request.
- No requests for transfer or substitution will be confirmed without the full payment being lodged into our bank account and is visible as cleared funds in our bank account.
- Bookings can only be transferred, once, after which, if a delegate is unable to attend, the booking will be treated as canceled and no refund will be made.
- 1.An alternative delegate can attend an Open Course in the place of the original delegate, In the event that a substitution is requested, this will attract an administration fee of 25% of the course fee and will be payable immediately with the substitution request.
- No requests for transfer or substitution will be confirmed without the full payment being lodged into our bank account and is visible as cleared funds in our bank account.
Prices in General
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are exclusive of VAT, the total price of the training will be pro forma invoiced prior to the training date and this will show the VAT payable. VAT will be charged at the current rate at the time of payment.
- The prices quoted on this site are correct at the date of publication. Prices may vary due to demand and availability and the Company reserves the right to adjust prices at any time and without notice.
- Payment can be made by Credit/Switch Card or by cheque. Credit terms by prior arrangement only.
- Cheques require 5 full working days for clearance and no booking can be made without cleared funds
- Only some training courses will require further charges for, registration, administration, and certification usually £25.00 which are to be paid for on or before the first day of the training course.
- If the booking is made on behalf of an organization, the organization will be liable to observe all terms and conditions herein.
- The Learning station sends out Email Certificates for free, However, if you require a Hardcopy then from 21/09/2021 it will attract a fee of £20.00+ Vat for posting out certificates by registered post. it will still cost £50.00+Vat for all replacement Certificates plus any charges from the awarding body, The Learning Station takes no responsibility for any certificates damaged during delivery. (Please see charges below)
Cancellations by providing company
Please note that day one is the start date and the start date is the payment date.
- The Learning Station reserves the right to alter or cancel the date or venue of courses without liability. In the event of The Learning Station cancelling a course, and where an alternative cannot be provided, the course fee will be refunded by The Learning Station to the booker. The Learning Station reserves the right to provide a substitute trainer without notice.
- In the event of a Workshop –CPD – Training Course cancellation by the providing company the below figures will be applicable and is refundable by the company to the customer.
- If a course is cancelled between 14- 28 Days of start date - Course/Training to be rearranged.
- 1-13 Days Full Refund
Cancellations by Booking Company, Customer
- In the event of a cancellation of a course, the below figures will be applicable and a cancellation fee is payable by the Booking Company, Customer unless the Training Course is agreed to be rearranged*
More than 28 Days – Full refund* less a £25.00+VAT for admin fee.
28+ Days – 75% of the cost will be refunded*less a £25.00+VAT for admin fee.
13- 27 Days – 50% of the cost will be refunded* less a £25.00+VAT for admin fee.
1 – 12 Days – no refund (This time includes weekends)
Health and Safety
1 Where training is carried out on non-company (The Learning Station) premises, all delegates must conform to and comply with the Health and Safety Policy as laid down by the hosting venue from time to time. Breaches of this policy may result in the delegate being suspended or excluded from the course and premises and/or the Course's cancellation, with no refund or cancellation of future payments on an active instalment plan.
1 No waiver by us or any breach of the Contract by you shall be considered as a waiver or any
subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
2 If any provision of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
3 Any dispute arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
4 The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England.
5 These Terms do not affect any consumer rights contained in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or any statutory modification of them.
1 Data Protection Act 1998/The Freedom of Information Act 2000 – The Learning Station is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We collect and retain a range of accurate, up to date and relevant information.
- The information you provide will be for the purpose of administration, career guidance and to meet any funding requirements, also for statistical and research purposes.
- Other organisations with which we may share information may include Awarding Bodies and government funding agencies.
- At no time, will your personal information be passed to organisations for marketing or sales purposes?
- We maintain reliable, auditable quality assurance systems for the purpose of documenting and recording assessment decisions.
- We keep records to track learner progress and allow for the independent authentication of certification claims as is a requirement of all awarding org
Intellectual Property, Copyright, and User Registration
1 You agree that our website and all Content contained in it are protected by Intellectual Property Rights that either belong to or are licensed to us.
2 You acquire no proprietary interest in our website or Content provided by us or others and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by these terms.
3 You may view, print, download, or temporarily store such Content for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion.
4 You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer such Content.
5 You acknowledge that you will not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or otherwise using any such Content.
6 By allowing The Learning Station to advertise your course and its content on its website:
(a) you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and communicate to the public such Content; and
(b) you authorise us to adapt such Content and you agree to waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
The Learning Station reserves the right to change update these terms and conditions without having to give any prior notice to any clients or prospective clients whatsoever by continuing to use our website to irrevocably agree that you have read and will abide by these terms and conditions.
---Start Of Referral Program Terms and Conditions---
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on Friday, 06 October 2023.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before agreeing.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- "Provider" (referred to as either “the Provider”, "the Company", “The Learning Station”, "We", "Us", or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to London Care Homes Ltd trading as The Learning Station [see Details of The Company below for more information]
- "Referee" (referred to as either "the Referee and the Referrer", "You”, or "Your" in this Agreement) refers to the person and/or company who has referred the Payee and/or Learner to the Company.
- “Payee” (referred to as either “the Payee”, or “the Purchaser” in this Agreement) refers to the person who has put the payment through for the course. This may or may not be the same person as Learner.
- “Learner” (referred to as either “the Learner”, “the Learner’s, or “Learners” in this Agreement) refers to a single or collective list of people, who have entered into an agreement to study their paid qualification with the Company, as purchased by the “Payee”.
Details of “The Provider”
London Care Homes Ltd trading as The Learning Station
Rear of 491 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS
0208 342 7210
Role of Main Contact
- The Program is open to individuals who are at least 18 years old and have a valid email address.
- Employees of The Provider and its affiliates are not eligible to participate in the Program.
2. How the Program Works
- Participants can refer friends, family members, colleagues, or other contacts to the Provider through the provided referral link.
- Payee’s (those who have been referred) must be new customers to the Provider.
- Referees must complete a qualifying purchase or registration as specified by the Provider to be eligible for referral rewards.
3. Referral Rewards
- Referees (participants who make referrals) may be eligible to receive a reward for transactions paid in full or via instalments.
- Referral rewards are based off the first and only transaction made to the Provider.
- Referral rewards are only awarded to Referees that have provided information on a potential Payee (i.e., they cannot have made the transaction already).
- Referral rewards are only awarded if Referees have completed the necessary steps laid out in the ‘Referral Program Welcome Pack’. Referees will receive the ‘Referral Program Welcome Pack’ upon submission of the Application Form, and a consultation with the Provider.
- Referral rewards are based off the funds received by the Provider, and where transactions have been subject to further charges, these are not included in the referral reward. (Charges include but are not limited to credit card charges, oversees charges, transfers etc.)
For example, if a product is on sale for £1000.00 but the Payee makes payment with an American Express card, the Provider is charged £10.00 for the transaction. This means our total funds received is £990.00. This is the transaction amount that will determine the reward rate that Referee’s will receive.
- Referral rewards are based on the transaction exclusive of VAT.
For example, if a product is on sale for £1000.00, the transaction exclusive of VAT is £833.33. This means our total funds received is £833.33. This is the transaction amount that will determine the reward rate that Referee’s will receive.
- The Referee will be sent an invoice for all referred successful orders, once the 14-day cancellation period has expired. The invoice period will be between 25th of the first month and 24th of the second month. All sales will be invoiced and paid by the 7th of the month.
For example, if a transaction is made in full on the 23rd of April, the reward will be invoiced by the 7th of May, If a transaction is made in full on the 26th April then the reward will be invoiced by the 7th of June.
- Once invoiced the Provider agrees to pay each invoice within 30 days.
- The Provider reserves the right to modify or terminate the reward structure at any time.
3.1. Transactions paid in full
- Referees (participants who make referrals) may be eligible to receive a reward for transactions paid in full.
- Referees will receive a 10% commission rate for every transaction sold to the Payee, to a maximum of GBP £175.00 per transaction.
For example, if the transaction is GBP £60.00 (exclusive of VAT = £50.00), the Referee is entitled to GBP £5.00.
For example, if the transaction is GBP £2100.00, the Referee is entitled to GBP £150.00. (Even though 10% of £2160.00 (exclusive of VAT = £1800.00) is £180.00, the Referee’s maximum entitlement per transaction is £175.00.)
3.2 Transactions paid in instalments
- Referees (participants who make referrals) may be eligible to receive a reward for transactions paid in instalments.
- Referees are only eligible to receive a reward rate based on the first 2 transactions made and will not be receive rewards on further instalments made by the Payee.
- Referees will receive a 20% reward rate for every transaction sold to the Payee, to a maximum of GBP £175.00 per transaction.
For example, if the first instalment transaction is GBP £60.00 (exclusive of VAT = £50.00), the Referee is entitled to GBP £10.00.
For example, if the first instalment transaction is GBP £1080.00, the Referee is entitled to GBP £175.00. (Even though 20% of £1080.00 (exclusive of VAT = £900.00) is £180.00, the Referee’s maximum entitlement per transaction is £175.00.)
- Referees will receive the full reward rate for both transactions after both transactions have been successfully paid. This will be added to the invoice 60 days after the first sale was made. If the Payee does not make their following instalment within 60 days of the initial sale going through, the Referee will not be able to receive a reward rate.
For example, the first instalment is paid successfully on 23rd of April, but the second instalment is due 30 days later on 23rd of May and if it is not made within a further 30 days i.e. between 23rd of May and 23rd June. Rhe Referee is not owed any reward rate including the first transaction made.
- The Referee’s monthly invoice paid on 7th of the month will include instalment plan referrals within the 25th of the first month and 24th of the second month where both the 1st and 2nd monthly instalment were successfully paid i.e. when the 2nd monthly instalment has been paid, both transaction rewards will be added to the next invoice.
For example, if a transaction is made via monthly instalments on the 23rd of April, and then the 2nd instalment is successfully paid on 23rd of May, the reward will be invoiced by the 7th of June.
If a transaction is made via monthly instalments on the 29th of April, and then the 2nd instalment is successfully paid on 26th June (paid within 30 days of being due on 29th of May), the reward will be invoiced by the 7th of August.
Example A: Robert (Referee) has referred Patrick (Payee) to the Provider and Patrick has purchased a Level 5 Diploma at £1500.00 in full.
Steps and calculations to receive reward:
- Remove the VAT from the transaction = £1500.00 - £250.00 (VAT) = £1250.00
- 10% of £1250.00 = £125.00
- Robert has earned a £125.00 reward for the £1500.00 sale
Example B: Ricky (Referee) has referred Penelope (Payee) to the Provider and Penelope has purchased a Level 3 Diploma, paying in instalments of £150.00 per month for 12 months starting in January.
Steps and calculations to receive reward:
- Remove the VAT from the transaction = £150.00 - £25.00 (VAT) = £125.00
- 20% of £125.00 = £25.00
Penelope must make her first 2 monthly instalments before the reward is valid. Penelope has successfully paid her first 2 monthly instalments of £150.00 each, totalling £300.00.
- 20% of £125.00 = £25.00
- Ricky has earned a £50.00 reward for the two £150.00 transactions. He will receive it within his March invoice.
Example C: Rachel (Referee) has referred Phillip (Payee) to the Provider and Phillip has purchased a Level 3 Diploma, paying in instalments of £150.00 per month for 12 months starting on 1st January.
Steps and calculations to receive reward:
- Remove the VAT from the transaction = £150.00 - £25.00 (VAT) = £125.00
- 20% of £125.00 = £25.00
Phillip must make his first 2 monthly instalments before the reward is valid. Phillip’s second instalment is due on 1st February. As of 1st March, he has not paid his second instalment.
- Rachel will NOT receive the £50.00 reward for the two £150.00 transactions, as Phillip did not make his second instalment on time.
4. How to refer
- Fill out the Referral Program Application Form to get in contact with our team.
- The Provider will be in touch with you via email or by phone within 1 working day for an initial consultation. The consultation will include a chat with our advisor to answer any questions you may have before sending your ‘Referral Program Welcome Pack’
- The ‘Referral Program Welcome Pack’ will be sent via email and will include all documents necessary for you to start referring. You will need to follow all instructions to receive your reward.
- By participating in the Program, you agree to receive communications from the Provider related to the Program.
- You may opt out of these communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication.
6. Compliance with Laws
- Participants in the Program must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
7. Prohibited Activities
- Participants shall not engage in any fraudulent, deceptive, or unethical behaviour while participating in the Program.
- Any attempt to abuse or manipulate the Program may result in the disqualification of the participant and the forfeiture of rewards.
8. Termination and Changes
- The Provider reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or modify the Program at any time without prior notice.
- The Provider may also terminate the participation of any individual in the Program if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the participant has violated these terms and conditions.
10. Limitation of Liability
- The Provider shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the Program.
- The Provider's total liability under this Agreement is limited to the total value of the rewards issued to the participant.
11. Governing Law
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
12. Entire Agreement
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the participant and the Provider regarding the Program and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings.
- By participating in The Learning Station’s Referral Program, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these terms and conditions. The Provider reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, and any such amendments will be effective upon posting on the Provider's website or other official communication channels.
- If any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay, or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Program or these terms and conditions, please contact The Learning Station directly.
---End Of Referral Program Terms and Conditions---