Diabetes Awareness Training
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: Non-Applicable
- Duration: Non-Applicable
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Non-Applicable
- Awarding Body: Non-Applicable
- Payments: Non-Applicable
- Totum Card Eligible: Non-Applicable
- Accepted by: Non-Applicable
- GCSE Equivalent: Non-Applicable
- ID Card Included: Non-Applicable
- Approved by: Non-Applicable
- Valid for: Non-Applicable
- Early Completion: Non-Applicable
- Qualification Ref: Non-Applicable
Provider's Course Overview
This course is to raise awareness of the key issues of Diabetics, for those working with adults or with children and young people with diabetes. Aimed at healthcare professionals, for any organisation with staff that come into contact with people with diabetes and any care sector.
Diabetes Awareness will increase your understanding and knowledge, enabling you to fully meet the needs of those living with diabetes.
These courses have been designed for groups consisting of a minimum and a maximum of 12 delegates in attendance only. The course can be delivered at your workplace or at an alternative venue of your choice. Courses are designed by our experienced and professional trainers and can be written to be delivered in 2, 4 or 6-hour detailed workshops.
Topics Covered in this Course.
Previous experience not needed
Covers key topics and risk assessments when dealing with hazardous substances
Fulfils legal responsibilities
What is diabetes
Monitoring and the impact of diabetes
Nutrients/diet/ and food groups
Dehydration and malnutrition
Assessments/ Individual Health Plan/recording Keeping
Types of Diabetes
Basic emergency diabetes care
Culture and food/ nutritional planning
Complications of having Diabetes
Medication and treatment and control
What you will get:
A certificate from The Learning station to confirm your Continuous professional development.
Up to date information and a refresher on the latest techniques, knowledge, skills and competence around your chosen course.
Support, Information, Advice and guidance from your tutor.
All Courses are delivered over one day 10 am to 5 pm at a date convenient for your company.
Mix and Match Specials Offers:
By opting for a full day training session, you can choose any three workshops from our care training section and you would qualify for a discount amounting to 30% of the full cost £1044.00 giving you a saving of £348.00. Competitively priced. We will beat any similar training quote.
Competitively priced. We will beat any similar training quote.
What makes us different to other colleges?
- We offer the full QCF/RQF Ofqual courses with pathway choices of your own.
- Free initial assessment assessments of academic levels with immediate results.
- Online, Distance / Blended Learning.
- Learner Management System Accessible 24/7.
- Responsive online tutor and assessor support.
- On site, internal verifier + Moderator.
- Flexible – Blended delivery of assessment and observation.
- Free Learning Resources for Ease of study.
- No Credit Checks - Easy and Manageable Payments up to 12 Months.
- Technical support team available 09:00 - 18:00 Mon – Fri.
On purchasing the course you will be contacted within 48 Hours by our course representative to agree on a suitable course start date and set the venue, and we will be able to answer any questions you may have on the day.
P.S. *offer only applies for training to a minimum and a maximum of 12 attendees and the courses and are to be delivered at your venue all on the same day.
By purchasing a Learning Station course you agree you have both read fully and understood our Terms & Conditions [T&C’s]
Need Some Help?
Fill out the form below and we'll getstraight back to you with help