About this Course
Elevate Your Career with the TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF) (CAVA)
Welcome to your pathway to becoming a qualified vocational assessor. The A1 Assessors/CAVA - TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF) Course is a nationally recognised and Ofqual Regulated Qualification endorsed by major regulatory bodies.
- Achieve Recognition: This course unlocks nationally recognised qualifications, giving you the credibility to excel in vocational assessment.
- Flexible Learning: Designed for convenience, this course can be completed through our user-friendly online learning system. It's structured as a flexible distance learning course, allowing you to pace yourself over a span of 3 – 6 months.
- Guided Induction: Once you embark on your learning journey with us, you'll receive an informative induction, equipping you with essential knowledge about your course and how to navigate our user-friendly online learning system.
- If you need learners to assess to complete this qualification, we can help! We can offer learners currently studying childcare and health and Social care courses with us.
- Seamless Access: Our Online Learning Platform offers a straightforward enrollment process, ensuring quick access upon purchase. You'll receive login details via email with no hidden fees.
- Industry Versatility: Gain the expertise to assess diverse industries, including childcare and health and social care.
Are you ready to take the leap towards becoming a qualified vocational assessor? Enroll in the A1 Assessors/CAVA - TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF) Course today and elevate your career to new heights-
As a qualified assessor, you can assess learners in a college and the workplace. Full-time assessors and verifiers can earn from £18,000 to £24,000 a year. With experience, this can rise to between £25,000 and £30,000.
Please note- we recommend completing a Level 3 award in education & training (PTLLS ) alongside this- Please see our package here
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievements is regulated by Ofqual, Accredited by Training Qualifications UK and Accepted across the UK as a recognised teaching qualification for Adult and Further Education.
Once you have completed this qualification, alongside our Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement RQF course, you will be able to operate as a qualified assessor/trainer.
To Take this course you must have a recognised RQF qualification, although we can sometimes allocate Learners to you, It would be good if you have access to an assessor and two of their learners so you can shadow and assess too. The qualifications are suitable for learners 18 years of age and above.
Why take this qualification?
This course will enable you to assess vocational competencies in various qualifications, such as apprenticeships, functional skills, RQFs, diplomas and certificates.
As a qualified assessor, you will be able to assess learners in a college and the workplace. Full-time assessors and verifiers can earn from £18,000 to £24,000 a year. With experience, this can rise to between £25,000 and £30,000.
You can complete this Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement RQF Qualification in just 2 – 5 months by engaging with your Course assessor, however, candidates will have a total of 6 months should they wish to pace themselves.
This course is completed as a distance learning course and hosted on our online learning portal. You can complete your online course whenever and wherever you like, as long as you have an internet connection.
Throughout your journey, your assessor will be available to support you on your course over the phone, by email and by our messaging system. All our assessors have years of experience working in within various assessing settings and have a full understanding of of the course.
How it works
Step 1: Course Enrolment - you will need to complete a short enrolment and telephone induction to start
Step 2: Starting the course - your assessor will introduce themselves and issue you with your first assessment plan
Step 3: Submitting Work - when you have completed an assignment, you can upload it to your course portal for your assessor to mark your work and give you feedback. Feedback will be displayed on your portal and emailed to you for ease of reference
Step 4: Getting Help - when you need help, you can contact your assessor with questions any time as well as being able to get in touch with our customer support team between 9 am and 6 pm Mon - Fri.
Step 5: Completion - once you and your assessor are confident that you have met the criteria in each unit, your portfolio goes into the IQA stage which
How do I log into my course?
Approximately 15 minutes after purchase, you will receive your login details (Please check Spam folder) by email, including a link and instructions to log into your course. You can also find your learning portal by clicking on the ‘student login’ button on our website or by clicking here; lms.thelearningstation.co.uk.
When will I have my induction?
You will get a call to arrange your induction within days of completing the enrolment process. the induction will go through your chosen course, advise on suitability, Help you choose your optional units, and pathways, explain what is expected from your work, provide training on the use of our system and answer any questions that you have. The Induction will take place over the phone.
What is covered in this course?
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of assessment D/601/5313
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment.
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Unit 2: Assess occupational competence in the work environment H/601/5314
- Be able to plan the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
Unit 3: Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding F/601/5319
- Be able to prepare assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to provide required information following the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
When will my work get marked?
You can expect any work submitted to be marked within 14 days marking and feedback may take longer if you submit more than 3 assignments in a month.
Are there any classes or learning materials?
All our courses are delivered online so no Classroom learning, We have some learning resources but as our qualifications are vocational and work-based courses, you are expected to conduct research and gain skills, knowledge and understanding from your working environment. Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans, which may include guidance and materials, as well as provide constructive feedback on the work that you complete.
When will I hear from my tutor/assessor?
Your assessor will provide you with assessment plans with work to complete, as well as their contact information. They will not reach out to you if you are not doing your work, you need to get in touch if you are having trouble with your assignments.
Your assessor should respond to any messages from you within just 3-working days, but it is usually sooner. If you have sent your assessor a message and you haven’t heard back from them, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
How will I be Assessed
This qualification requires an assessment of both competence and knowledge. Throughout your TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement RQF course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods:
- Written assignments and coursework
- Having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace
- Direct observations of you carrying out work-related tasks
- Professional discussions over the phone
- Supplying us with work product evidence.
When will I get my certificate?
On completion of your course, there are steps that we must take to quality assure your qualification to then send to the awarding organisation.
- The Assessor must review your work in full before submitting it to our IQA, this usually takes around 2 weeks.
- The IQA will review any requests within 1-months, but this is usually sooner. If there are actions on your portfolio, it will be sent to the assessor for them to complete, and then these steps will be repeated.
- Once the IQA has quality checked and approved your portfolio for external sampling by the awarding body, the office will submit the claim for your certificate within 5 working days.
- The awarding body will usually issue a certificate within 2-weeks from this point; however, they may request sampling of your work, in which case it can be up to one month.
The usual duration is 1-2 months from completion.
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri