Manual Handling Of A Person
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: Non-Applicable
- Duration: Non-Applicable
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Non-Applicable
- Awarding Body: Non-Applicable
- Payments: Non-Applicable
Provider's Course Overview
CPD Training Course in Manual Handling Of A Person
Ensure your organisation is in keeping with CQC, Ofsted and the regulatory body requirements by taking one of our full or half day Continuous Professional Development (CPD) awareness workshops, these workshops will stimulate minds and boost confidence and keep all attendees up to date with new techniques and legislation. It's also a great team building activity since it brings your staff together to discuss real life events and experiences and how they were managed and solved.
The Learning Station Manual Handling & People Handling for carers CPD course is aimed at meeting the requirements of the “Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005” that applies to moving and handling in the workplace.
Workers are regularly faced with many physical demands particularly in relation to lifting, Especially when providing care to people with special needs or disabilities. young people and Adults with special needs can sometimes have complex care needs that require the application of the correct manual handling techniques, these lifting and handling techniques have to be carried out in ways that ensure the safety of the client and the worker.
These courses have been designed for groups consisting of a minimum and a maximum of 12 delegates in attendance only. The course can be delivered at your workplace or at an alternative venue of your choice. Courses are designed by our experienced and professional trainers and can be written to be delivered in 2, 4 or 6-hour detailed workshops.
Topics Covered in this Package:
- Learn how to move a person correctly without injury
- Understand manual handling techniques
- Nationally recognised
- Fulfils legal responsibilities
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by manual handling operations regulations
- Safe & responsible moving of service user
- Relevant legislation relevant to manual handling of service users
- When and how to make a manual handling risk assessment
- Basic understanding of the spine and the importance of correct posture
- Correct and safe method of moving and handling a service user
All Courses are delivered over one day 10 am to 5 pm at a date convenient for your company.
Mix and Match Specials Offers:
By opting for a full day training session, you can choose any three workshops from our care training section and you would qualify for a discount amounting to 30% of the full cost £1044.00 giving you a saving of £348.00. Competitively priced. We will beat any similar training quote.
Competitively priced. We will beat any similar training quote.
What you will get:
- 3 CPD certificates of attendance from The Learning Station.
- The knowledge, skills and competence around safeguarding adults, managing challenging behaviour and dementia awareness
- Support, Information, Advice and guidance from your trainer