About this Course
Safeguarding Adults, Dementia Awareness and Challenging Behaviour CPD workshop
Ensure your organisation is in keeping with CQC, Ofsted and the regulatory body requirements by taking one of our full or half-day Continuous Professional Development (CPD) awareness workshops, these workshops will stimulate minds and boost confidence and keep all attendees up to date with new techniques and legislation. It's also a great team-building activity since it brings your staff together to discuss real-life events and experiences and how they were managed and solved.
These courses have been designed for groups consisting of a minimum and a maximum of 12 delegates in attendance only. The course can be delivered at your workplace or at an alternative venue of your choice. Courses are designed by our experienced and professional trainers and can be written to be delivered in 2, 4 or 6-hour detailed workshops.
Topics Covered in this Package of three workshops:
Challenging Behaviour: 2-Hour Course.
- Understanding challenging behaviour
- Types of challenging behaviour
- How to effectively deal with challenging situations
- Cause and effect
- Working safely
Or Pick and mix any 3 two hour workshop courses from our course list
Dementia Awareness: 2 Hour Course
- Understanding Dementia
- Different Types of Dementia
- Management of dementia
- Effectively Supporting the Individual
- Effective Communication
- Empowering the Individual
Safeguarding adults: 2 Hour Course.
- Definition of Safeguarding
- Understanding what makes an adult vulnerable.
- Different types of abuse
- Recognising signs of abuse
- Symptoms relating to abuse.
- Dealing effectively with abuse
- Legislation plus Care Act 2014
- Reporting, disclosures, whistleblowing and record keeping.
Or Pick and mix any 3 two-hour workshop courses from our course list
What you will get:
- 3 CPD certificates of attendance from The Learning Station.
- The knowledge, skills and competence around safeguarding adults, managing challenging behaviour and dementia awareness
- Support, Information, Advice and guidance from your trainer
Course Duration & Delivery:
All Courses are delivered over one day 10 am to 5 pm at a date convenient for your company.
Call Now on 0208 342 7214 to speak with our course representative who will be able to answer any questions you have and to agree and book a suitable course start date and the venue.
P.S. *offer only applies for training to a minimum and a maximum of 12 attendees and the courses are to be delivered at a venue of your choice all on the same day.
By purchasing a Learning Station course you agree you have both read fully and understood our Terms & Conditions [T&C’s]
Buying for a business ?
Bulk DiscountsDiscounts available when purchasing 10 or more courses. Please ring our sales team on 0208 342 7210 to enquire.
Pay by invoices30 days payment term available when purchasing 5+ courses.
Payments should be upfront unless they are regular monthly buyers
Management SuiteTrack learner progress for free when you buy 10+ courses.
Why take this course?
Why study with the Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Benefits of the Learning Station
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Easy online payment options
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutors/Assessors
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri