(SOVA) Awareness CPD, Workshop
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: Non-Applicable
- Duration: Non-Applicable
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Non-Applicable
- Awarding Body: Non-Applicable
- Payments: Non-Applicable
Provider's Course Overview
Safeguarding Adults, Dementia Awareness and Challenging Behaviour CPD workshop
Ensure your organisation is in keeping with CQC, Ofsted and the regulatory body requirements by taking one of our full or half day Continuous Professional Development (CPD) awareness workshops, these workshops will stimulate minds and boost confidence and keep all attendees up to date with new techniques and legislation. It's also a great team building activity since it brings your staff together to discuss real life events and experiences and how they were managed and solved.
These courses have been designed for groups consisting of a minimum and a maximum of 12 delegates in attendance only. The course can be delivered at your workplace or at an alternative venue of your choice. Courses are designed by our experienced and professional trainers and can be written to be delivered in 2, 4 or 6-hour detailed workshops.
Topics Covered in this Package:
Challenging Behaviour: 2 Hour Course.
- Understanding challenging behaviour
- Types of challenging behaviour
- How to effectively deal with challenging situations
- Cause and effect
- Working safely
Dementia Awareness: 2 Hour Course
- Understanding Dementia
- Different Types of Dementia
- Management of dementia
- Effectively Supporting the Individual
- Effective Communication
- Empowering the Individual
Safeguarding adults: 2 Hour Course.
- Definition of Safeguarding
- Understanding what makes an adult vulnerable
- Different types of abuse
- Recognising signs of abuse
- Symptoms relating to abuse
- Dealing effectively with abuse
- Legislation plus Care Act 2014
- Reporting, disclosures, whistleblowing and record keeping
What you will get:
- 3 CPD certificates of attendance from The Learning Station.
- The knowledge, skills and competence around safeguarding adults, managing challenging behaviour and dementia awareness
- Support, Information, Advice and guidance from your trainer
Course Duration & Delivery:
All Courses are delivered over one day 10 am to 5 pm at a date convenient for your company.
Call Now on 0208 342 7214 to speak with our course representative who will be able to answer any questions you have and to agree and book a suitable course start date and the venue.
P.S. *offer only applies for training to a minimum and a maximum of 12 attendees and the courses are to be delivered at a venue of your choice all on the same day.
By purchasing a Learning Station course you agree you have both read fully and understood our Terms & Conditions [T&C’s]
What makes us different to other colleges?
- We offer the full QCF/RQF Ofqual courses with pathway choices of your own.
- Free initial assessment assessments of academic levels with immediate results.
- Online, Distance / Blended Learning.
- Learner Management System Accessible 24/7.
- Responsive online tutor and assessor support.
- On site, internal verifier + Moderator.
- Flexible – Blended delivery of assessment and observation.
- Free Learning Resources for Ease of study.
- No Credit Checks - Easy and Manageable Payments up to 12 Months.
- Technical support team available 09:00 - 18:00 Mon – Fri.
Need Some Help?
Fill out the form below and we'll getstraight back to you with help