London Care Homes Ltd trading as The Learning Station is a further education and training centre that provides online, class room and open courses.
We do not store customer credit/debit card details.
We do not share, sell or hire our customer details with any 3rd parties unless they are affiliated with us.
Any reference to the "The Learning Station Website" addresses below
We record all incoming and out going Telephone calls for Monitoring and Training Purposes only and only hold this information for 6 months.
www.thelearningstation.co.uk and https://thelearningstation.co.uk/ shall include and cover the Learner Management System https://lms.thelearningstation.co.uk and its Holding Company London Care Homes Ltd
The Learning Station Privacy Statement
The Learning Station (The organisation) values personal information and endeavours to provide products and services that are not interfering and delivered securely and accurately.
Data is central to what we do and we like to create long - lasting relationships based on trust and transparency.
In response to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will come into force in the UK on the 25th May 2018, we as an organisation, are committed to achieve compliance with this legislation.
As company, we are committed to:
- Putting people first: Value our employees, product and system users, understand their needs and provide products and services that will offer mutual benefits
- Respect privacy: Let individuals be in control of their data processing
- Be honest and fair: Be honest, fair and transparent throughout our business
- Be diligent with data: Treat personal data with the highest care and respect
- Take responsibility: Act responsibly at all times
Please see below the types of personal data we collect from you.
- The name and contact details that you provide when you register as a member with us
- your payment and address details
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- your browser or device information
- information about your use of our websites and apps
- your communications with us
- information about your Login times and purchased Courses.
- Assignments that you have uploaded to our site.
- Registration Information with Awarding Bodies and Assessors.
Who We share your information with.
- The Learning Station Staff.
- Assessors/Associate Teachers
- Internal Verifiers/ Supervising Teachers
- External Verifiers/ For Regulatory Purposes
- Awarding Bodies/For Registration Purposes
- Affiliated Companies
- Sub Contracting - Training and Education Service providers
Where we store your information.
- Your details are held securely within our internal servers in the United Kingdom.
- On our secured Learner Management System
- On Our secured Website
- CCTV When we you visit our centre
Access to your Information, correction and deletion.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date and are very happy to remove or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we either delete or restrict our processing of your personal data. Any such requests must be made to email@example.com and there will be a charge of £100.00 plus vat for requests of what data we hold on you and you would expect a response within 40 days. You also have the right to lodge any complaint about the way in which we handle your data with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
If you’ve opted-in to receive marketing information about special offers of products & services and Newsletter relating to The Learning Station and our affiliated companies (for example by ticking a box on one of our websites or apps), then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text, or phone.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time, and you have a right to request that your details are removed/deleted. please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your request
To support this statement, we have
- Completed our GDPR compliance plan, reviewed, improved and introduced new procedures and measurements to ensure we are compliant with GDPR by May 2018 and beyond;
- Trained and will continue training our staff on privacy and information security;
- Put in place operational and technical measurements to ensure information security (Confidentiality, Integrity and Access of/to data);
- updated our Privacy Notice
- updated our Website/ Learner Management System
The Organisation will monitor objectives relating to its privacy performance and implement improvements when and where appropriate. These objectives are subject to review at project and management review meetings.
The Privacy Statement will be reviewed regularly in order to ensure its continuing suitability.
How to contact us
by email: email@example.com or write to us at Data Protection Officer, The Learning Station 439 Green Lanes Haringey London N4 1HA.
Terms of trade and use of the Website
The Learning Station its Holding company and linked companies provides advice and guidance to individuals looking to further their education, If you have any feedback, comments or suggestions concerning our Website or our business model, please e-mail us via our Contact Us page.
1. The Learning Station its contractors and agents have exercised considerable care in the design, production, and presentation of this Website (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”) and in the inclusion and provision of the information on it. Since some of the information is derived from other sources,
2. The Learning Station its operating and linked companies its contractors and agents provides this website on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it (including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items) and disclaims all such representations and warranties. Opinions expressed on this website are not statements of fact. In addition, neither we nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or give any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either express or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness, or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.
3. Whilst we try to ensure that the Website does not contain any error, defect, malfunction or corruption, we do not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of data on your computer system, network or server that results from the download or use of the Website or any materials made available via the Website (except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
4. We cannot promise that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to suspend access to the Website between the scheduled maintenance window as and when it is needed, we will provide users with 2 weeks notice of any impending maintenance downtime. There may also be occasions when access to the Website is interrupted for emergency maintenance or repairs or to carry out upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the Website and the services offered via the Website. Access may also be interrupted due to failures of telecommunications links and equipment, which are beyond the control of the Learning station.
5. By using our website you accept that you will not have a claim for breach of contract (either against us or your Service Provider/ The Learning Station or its linked companies) or otherwise in respect of such period of unavailability. You also acknowledge that we cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions that are inherent in the operation of the Internet and the World Wide Web, including viruses.
6. You acknowledge that you are responsible for making backup copies of all your data and taking appropriate precautions against viruses, hacking and other types of computer misuse.
7. The Website may contain occasional errors or inaccuracies The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies endeavours to ensure that such deficiencies are minimised and your feedback would be welcomed should you identify such inaccuracies.
8. The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies will only act for you on your written request.
9. No liability whatsoever shall attach to The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies or its agents for any loss or damage, including any consequential loss or damage, arising from the inclusion or provision of any information, data or material contained in the Website, or the use thereof, or in any way arising in connection with the Website or the services it provides.
10. Without prejudice to any of the foregoing clauses, no liability shall attach to The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies or its agents for any information or material placed on or linked to the Website by any party.
11. All intellectual property rights owned by The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies relating to the content on this Web site are protected and remain the sole property The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies.
12. In all your dealings with The Learning Station its operating company and any of her linked companies and its employees, contractors and agents, including though not limited to all communication effected through this Website, you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
13. The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies reserves the right to decline an application for its services, regardless of the method of making such an application, without giving a reason.
14. The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies reserves the right to refuse services and or suspend access to services to any person or body, where there is a suspicion of fraudulent (Police will always be informed) or abusive activity on the Website or where there may be a conflict with these Terms and Conditions.
15. Any person or body or customer using the Website does so at their own risk and is responsible for the information they entered including for his/her activities on the Website (financially or otherwise), including the possible use of his/her username and password. The Customer guarantees that the information entered by him/her on the Website in relation to him/her is true and accurate.
16. The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies are registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
17. We only collect and retain a range of accurate, up to date and relevant information so that we can stay in touch.
18. The information you provide will be for the purpose of administration, career guidance and to meet any funding requirements, also for our own statistical and research purposes.
19. We will not share or sell any of your information with any 3rd party organisations, but if you have opted in then, we may send you marketing and news items and information on their behalf
20. At no time will your personal information be passed, sold, hired to other organisations for marketing or sales purposes.
21. We maintain reliable, auditable quality assurance systems for the purpose of documenting and recording assessment decisions.
22. The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within The Learning Station its operating company and linked companies and websites, in order to determine the services that are the most popular, This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a subject area.
23.The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies will never disclose your personal information to third parties, without your explicit authorisation, unless required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served. on The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies and websites.
- (2) protect and defend the rights or property of The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies and,
- (3) act under Emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Learning Station its operating company and its linked companies and
- websites, or the public.
- 24. for any further clarification to these terms or for any other information please us the Contact us page.