Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: Distance Learning
- Duration: 12 Months
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Payments: 12 Months, interest free
Provider's Course Overview
The QCF Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) is an Ofqual regulated qualification and accredited by City and Guilds, a top UK awarding body. Nationally recognised, this course is a distance learning course which is designed to develop the knowledge and skills required when caring for children in residential childcare settings.
New residential care workers will need to achieve the NVQ Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (QCF) qualification within two years from employment.
What happens after I purchase the QCF Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare?
Once you make the payment, you will be automatically emailed your student log-in details and you can begin the enrolment process immediately.
How does the online course work?
- After your enrolment is signed off, you will have a telephone induction
- You will then be allocated an assessor who will put together an assessment plan
- You begin your coursework on the online learning system. You can track your course progression on the progress bar within your student account
- Receive support from your assessor. You will communicate via a messaging system, emails and phone calls. They will also mark your coursework and leave feedback on the online platform
- Your assessor will come out to your workplace to carry out the observations at your place of work
- Upon course completion, you will have achieved the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (QCF) certificated, processed by the awarding body City and Guilds.
Entry Requirements: Is the course right for you?
Learners must be at least 18 years old, and they must secure a relevant work placement for observations to take place during the course. This can be paid or voluntary, and on a part-time or full-time basis.
During the course, you should be working in a residential care setting with children up to 19 years old.
How is the QCF Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) assessed?
This level 3 childcare qualification requires assessment of both competence and knowledge. Throughout your Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (QCF) course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods to help you complete the course as quickly and easily as possible. Some of the assessment methods you can expect will be completing written assignments of work that has been given to you, having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace, direct observations of you carrying out work related tasks, professional discussions over the phone and supplying us with work product evidence.
How will you upload your coursework?
You will be part of our newly developed Online Learner Management System which has been designed to ensure you receive quick responses to your work submissions and requests for support from one of our dedicated assessors or mentors. Our learner management system will help you to keep track of all of your assignments and clearly outlines through a progress bar how much you have remaining to complete your Level 3 Diploma for the Residential Childcare (QCF) distance learning course. Our assessors will be happy to guide you to resources which will help you to gain a more thorough understanding of your assignments and ensure you complete your course with as much ease as possible.
There is a huge range of opportunities for people with the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare QCF. You may work in various roles in residential care settings. After you've gained more experience, you may also move on to a management position. When you do, you may enrol onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (QCF).
City and Guilds Qualification Handbook
We recommend reading the course specification to go through the units, guided learning hours and credits. This will outline exactly what you will be expected to study in order to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (QCF).
How do instalment plans work?
There is an option to create a monthly payment plan if you cannot pay in full. You may pay in instalment for up to 12 months.
Why choose The Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning Child Care courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- You can expect a high quality service at an affordable rate
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutor/Assessor
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
No matter where you are in the UK, an assessor will be able to come to your workplace for observations. There will never be a need for you to come to our centre as your entire course can be completed from wherever you’re based.
Call us now: 0208 342 7210
The full address is 439 Green Lanes, Haringey, London, N4 1HA.