General enquiries - FAQs
- How can I log into my account? Once you purchase a course, you will be sent login details through email. Be sure to check your spam if you haven’t receive it within 24 hours.
- Why do I have to do both Maths and English initial assessments? No matter what course you’re doing, you must complete both tests as it is part of our enrolment procedure and compliance. They are important because they tell us what level you’re currently working at.
- My password isn’t working. What do I do? When you first log into your student account, the password will be the one we set for you. You will then be forced to change it and you should create a memorable one. If you forget it, simply set a new passport by clicking forgot password.
- How can I upload my work? You must upload and submit your work in our learning portal. Do not email your work to us as it should all be done within the system.
- Do you accept guest posts? We do. Please email [email protected] with your idea or draft and your work may appear on our blog. Please read our guest post guidelines before you do this.
- How long does it take to get feedback? Average of 8-10 working days for an assessor to give feedback.
- Can I get extra time for my exams if I have learning difficulties? You can get extra time providing you email the evidence to [email protected] The subject line should read: ‘Extra time needed in exam’.
- Can I get the hardcopy of my certificate? We will send you a digital copy of your certificate. If you want a hardcopy, you can pay for postage or pick it up from our centre.
- Where are Examinations sat?
All examinations (including those for Functional Skills) are required to be sat at our only testing centre in Haringey, North London. If you require special arrangements to be made due to exceptional circumstances, please contact us here.
Construction enquiries - FAQs
- How do I get a CSCS Card? There are two requirements set out to be eligible for a CSCS green card. You need to pass a 1-day health and safety course as well as a CITB Health Safety and Environment test. Once you have passed both, you can apply for the CSCS card. For the 1-day course, you have the choice to take the Level One Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (computer course) OR the CITB Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness Course (classroom-based).
- What is the difference between the QCF Level One Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Course and the CITB Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness Course? Both courses will give you health and safety knowledge and training. Once passed, both courses end in equivalent certificates which you can use to apply for a CSCS Card (providing you have also passed the CITB test). Level One Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment runs at our centre daily and is computer-based. (Keep in mind, you do have the option to do the course training from home and just come in for the exam). CITB Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness Course is class-room based with a tutor and that course runs on a monthly basis, subject to availability.
- What happens if I do the CITB test and I don’t take the 1-day course? You will be able to get a provisional CSCS Card which will be valid for 6 months. You must take the 1-day course if you want a full CSCS Card which last for five years.
- What cards do you offer training for? We only do courses for the CSCS green card.
- I don’t know if I need a green CSCS Card. How can I find out which card I need?
CSCS Green Cards are for labourers. Find out what other types of cards there are with CSCS.
- Where can I do my CITB test? There are CITB centres all around the UK. We can book your test at the nearest centre to you.
- After I complete a construction course, how long does it take to get my results? You will get your results later that same day or the next working day.
- After I pass a the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety exam, how long does it take to get my certificate? Certificates are sent to us within five working days. We then send the PDF to your email address.
Functional Skills enquiries - FAQs
Childcare enquiries - FAQs
Social care enquiries - FAQs
What to expect from us - FAQs
- What support can I expect from The Learning Station?
Once you have uploaded all your enrolment documents, we will contact you to arrange a course induction within 3 working days – this will enable you to choose your course units/pathway and speak with someone regarding our course process.
After completion of your over the phone induction, you will be allocated to an assessor within 2 working days that will support you throughout your course. Your assessor will offer you support and guidance via our messaging system, email and phone calls. They will also mark your coursework. All messages sent to assessors will be responded to within 3 working days.
If your course requires observation to meet the competency units, your observation will be arranged between 30% - 50% of completion on your course, your assessor will contact you to arrange your course observations which will be done at your place of work. We may also gather witness testimonies from relevant members of staff at your workplace.
If you are studying a Diploma/Certificate/Award with us which requires written assignments and/or observations in the workplace, your assessor will set you monthly assessment plans with deadlines, of which you should submit your work before your deadline to ensure you complete your course on time. Your assignments will be marked within 14 days of submission. Please note, our assessors are happy to mark up to a maximum of 3 assignments per month.
Once all your work is completed and marked, your assessor will send your submitted assignments over to our Internal Quality Assurer (IQA). The IQA will review your work to ensure nothing is missing in terms of the course criteria and assessor feedback, and this may take up to a month to complete.
Finally, once the IQA process is completed, one of our administrators will claim for your certificate from the awarding body within 2 working days. We will send you a scanned copy of your certificate and ask you to confirm your postal address, before sending your certificate out free of charge by first class post.