City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator Course)
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: Distance Learning
- Duration: 12 Months
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: Training Qualifications UK
- Payments: 12 Months, interest free
Provider's Course Overview
The City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator is a newly released qualification specifically designed to aid the application of candidates aspiring to work as an early years educator or Practitioner. It will cover you working with children from birth to 7 years old.
What to expect from the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator course
- Once you make the payment, you will automatically be emailed your student log-in details
- You can immediately begin enrolment
- Once we have everything we need, you will have your course induction over the telephone
- You will then be allocated an assessor who will put together an assessment plan
- You begin your coursework on the online learning system
- You can track your course progression on the progress bar
- Receive support and feedback from your assessor. You will communicate via a messaging system, email and phone calls. They will also mark your coursework
- Observations will take place on arranged dates with your assessor
- Upon course completion, we will claim your Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator qualification.
This Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator is nationally recognised. The online course is designed to develop the knowledge and skills required when working with babies, toddlers and young children.
What requirements are there?
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of Level two in literacy and numeracy or equivalent. The qualification is suitable for learners of 16 years of age and above.
How is the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator assessed?
This Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator qualification requires assessment of both competence and knowledge. Throughout your Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods:
- Written assignments and coursework
- Having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace
- Direct observations of you carrying out work-related tasks
- Professional discussions over the phone
- Supplying us with work product evidence.
Qualification handbook: What units and pathways there are:
We recommend reading the course specification to go through the units, guided learning hours and credits. This will outline exactly what you will be expected to study in order to achieve the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator qualification.
How will you upload your coursework?
You will be part of our newly developed Online Learner Management System which has been designed to ensure you receive quick responses to your work submissions and requests for support from one of our dedicated assessors or mentors. Our learner management system will help you to keep track of all of your assignments and clearly outlines through a progress bar how much you have remaining to complete your Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator. Our assessors will be happy to guide you to resources which will help you to gain a more thorough understanding of your assignments and ensure you complete your course with as much ease as possible.
How do instalment plans work?
There is an option to create a monthly payment plan if you cannot pay in full. You may pay in instalment for up to 12 months (subject to admin fees).
On successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator, learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (RQF)
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF)
Where can you work with this qualification?
There is a diverse range of job roles for people with child care qualifications. This Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator can help you find work as a:
- Nursery nurse
- Child minder
- Sure Start worker
- Special Educational Needs Assistant
- Child care centre manager
- Preschool advisor
See below what your earnings potential could be if you were a qualified Child Care, Early Years, Health Care, Social Care/Support Worker with a:
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce (RQF), you could expect to earn an average of £15,000 Per Annum.
Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF) or Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) (QCF), you could become a team leader or senior staff member and could earn an average of £22,000 Per Annum.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Workforce, qualifies you to become a manager and manage a care facility for children and you could expect to earn an average of £33,000 rising to £50,000 Per Annum.
Why choose The Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Leadership in Childcare and Health and Social Care courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- You can expect a high-quality service at an affordable rate
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutor/Assessor
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri
No matter where you are in the UK, an assessor will be able to come to your workplace for observations. There will never be a need for you to come to our centre as your entire course can be completed from wherever you’re based.
Call us now: 0208 342 7210
Email: [email protected]
The full address is 439 Green Lanes, Haringey, London, N4 1HA.