Online Functional Skills in Maths Course (exam included)
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: E-Learning
- Duration: 6 Months
- Venue: Non-Applicable
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Payments: Non-Applicable
- Totum Card Eligible: Yes
- Accepted by: Non-Applicable
- GCSE Equivalent: Yes
- ID Card Included: Non-Applicable
- Approved by: Non-Applicable
- Valid for: Non-Applicable
- Early Completion: Non-Applicable
- Qualification Ref: Non-Applicable
This online Functional Skills in Maths course is available to all candidates looking to improve their level of Maths. Candidates can enrol on this Functional Skills in Maths course at any Level, as the course will help to improve your skills from Entry Level 1 to Level 2. This online course lasts for up to 6-months, and the exam can be taken at Level 1 (GCSE Grade D) or Level 2 (GCSE Grade C). Upon completion of this online Functional Skills in Maths Course, candidates can take an accredited GCSE Maths Equivalent Exam at our centre, or online from the comfort of their own home.
How it works
After purchase, you will be sent login details by email for you to access your own online Functional Skills Maths course, which you will be able to access 24/7 for up to 6 months. As well as tutor support available upon request, this online Functional Skills in Maths course includes;
Online Virtual Classes - You will have access to a virtual classroom hosting revision sessions taking place on a Wednesday at 10 AM every week*. These online, live sessions will be held through our online presentation system via Your Online Student Account. The sessions will cover a variety of examination tips and tricks and will answer any questions that you have to help you complete your course and pass the exam.
- Initial assessments to determine your current academic level. The Functional Skills Maths course will then open at the level of your score. (It will not cost you anything extra if you start the course at Level 1 and work your way up to Level 2 ahead of the final examination)
- Diagnostic Assessment to look at all of the different elements you are competent in and which areas require more work
- Interactive Learning Resources will be provided based on your Functional Skills Maths diagnostic assessment. You will be given information, practice quizzes and assessments. There are 12 modules to go through
- Skills Checks are carried out after each learning resource is complete. These will quiz you at the end of any of the course modules to ensure you have gained all the knowledge required for that topic.
- Coursework units will open for you to complete. You will write up short reflections and evaluations. These will be checked by your assessor.
- Exam Practice Papers will be provided once you have worked through all the Maths learning resources and are working at your desired level. You will complete 2 papers, 1 non-calculator and 1 calculator permitted. One of our experienced tutors will mark them and give you feedback
- Your examinations will be scheduled on a date that is best suited for you. There will be one exam for non-calculator and one exam for calculator permitted, which are to be taken back to back. You can choose to either take the Functional Skills in Maths exam at our centre in London or take the exam from the comfort of your own home on your computer.
TOTUM Card Eligible
Candidates enrolled in this course are eligible to apply for an NUS TOTUM Pro Student Discount Card, please follow the link for more information: https://www.thelearningstation.co.uk/totum-id-card
Once you have completed your Online Maths Course on your learning account, you can then book your Maths examination with us. We require a minimum of 7-days notice for any examinations.
Upon booking the exam via your online account, you will receive a booking confirmation so you know that your slot is secure.
If you have paid to take your Functional Skills Maths exam online, the awarding body will email you 2-working days after your booking with joining instructions.
Please take note of the entry requirements, as if you do not meet these requirements you will not be able to sit the online Maths exam.
Online/Remote Functional Skills Maths Exams
The Maths exam lasts for a total of 150 minutes
40 Minutes - Non-calculator Exam
110 Minutes - Calculator Permitted Exam
You must score 75% or higher to pass the exam.
In-centre Functional Skills Maths Exams
The Maths exam lasts for a total of 105 minutes
25 Minutes - Non-calculator Exam
80 Minutes - Calculator Permitted Exam
You must score 75% or higher to pass the exam.
Examinations are run every Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Saturday at the following times;
Tuesday – 10 am
Thursday – 10 am
Saturday – 10 am (every 2 weeks)
Examinations are run every weekday (Mon-Fri) at the following times;
- 10 am - 1.30 pm
- 11 am - 2.30 pm
- 12 pm - 3.30 pm
- 1 pm - 4.30 pm
- 2 pm - 5.30 pm
- 3 pm - 6.30 pm
We require 7-days notice for exam bookings
YOU MUST BE ON TIME FOR YOUR EXAM OR YOU WILL TO NEED TO PAY THE RETAKE FEE
Your Functional Skills in Maths course will cover the following course modules;
- Positive and Negative Numbers
- Practical Calculations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
- Recognise and Use 2D 3D
- Area, Perimeter, and Volume
- Use, Convert and Calculate Measures
- Collect and Represent Data
- Discrete and Continuous Data
- Investigate Statistics
Results for Functional Skills qualifications are usually available within a couple of weeks, however, they can in some cases be held for up to 32-days from the date the exam was taken. The results will be emailed to you once they have been published for the centre to view by the awarding body.
The certificate will be sent to you by email if you have passed your exams, and this will be sent in the form of an e-certificate which Universities and higher education will accept as a GCSE Maths Equivalent Qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, candidates must be over 16 to enrol. As this course is delivered online, we highly recommend using a computer/laptop to complete the course with us.
The Functional Skills Mathematics exam is available to all candidates aged 16+. Candidates will be required to travel to our centre in London for the exam.
To be eligible for online examination, learners will need to have a laptop/computer with the following features:
- A Web Camera
- A computer/laptop with a windows operating system (Mac/Tablet/Chromebooks are not compatible)
- A smartphone with a camera
If in the unfortunate event you are not successful your examinations, the retake fee for this examination is £80.00.
You can request for your examination to be re-marked, however, this is subject to a £50.00 remarking fee.
If for any reason you are not able to attend your exam or miss your appointment with less than 2-working days notice, you will need to pay the £80.00 retake fee if you wish to take your exam.
You can re-schedule your exam free of charge if you have provided 2-working days’ notice. This needs to be sent in writing to [email protected]
If you are not able to finish your course on time, and require additional time to study, you will need to repurchase the course to ensure you receive support from your tutor and have access to your online learning account.
Although the course lasts for up to 6-months, you have up to 9-months to book your exam from the date of purchase.
Need Some Help?
Fill out the form below and we'll getstraight back to you with help