CSCS Card - Online QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: E-Learning
- Duration: Non-Applicable
- Venue: London
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Payments: Non-Applicable
Provider's Course Overview
The QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course is one of two requirements to get a CSCS Card. You must pass this 1-day course as well as the CITB test to be eligible for a CSCS Green Card.
If you have access to a computer at home, this online course is a great option to achieve the QCF Level 1 certificate needed to get a step closer to obtaining a CSCS Card. Once the course is completed, you simply come into our centre for the final exam which you must pass.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please be aware the personal details you provide will be used to register you with the awarding body. If there are any corrections that need to be made you will be charged a £20.00 administration fee. The following details will need to be provided upon payment and will need to match the candidates ID:
- Learner full name (including any and other middle names and last names)
- Learners email address (needs to be unique to the learner)
- Contact telephone number
If the learners details are incorrect on the day of the exam the learner will not be allowed to do the exam, and will need to pay the standard exam fee of £80.00 to rebook.
What to expect from this online course for the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment:
- Once you’ve made the purchase, you will be sent student log-in details.
- Log into ‘Your Online Learning Account’, complete and upload the enrolment form, upload a valid form of identification (passport or driving license) and complete the Maths and English initial assessments.
- Complete the e-learning health and safety awareness course. You will have three attempts of access to this course so make sure you log in when you have time to go through the material.
- You will also have access to extra revision material to download and read through
- Sit an online practice exam
- Once you feel prepared enough, call us on 02083427210 to book your exam for a date that suits you. Exams for the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction are held at our centre Monday-Friday at 4pm. You pick a day that suits you.
DISCLAIMER: The examination for this qualification will be in English and is not available in other languages. We do not recommend sitting the examination if you do not feel competent in your English Writing and Reading ability.
Note: You must pass the exam after the course to get the certificate. If you fail the final exam at our centre, you can re-sit it on another day for £54. However, we recommend scheduling the final exam when you feel fully prepared – the practice exam will help you determine if you’re ready.
The QCF Level 1 Health and Safety in Construction Environment course teaches you about:
- Fundamentals of health and safety and risk assessment on construction sites
- Safe manual handling on site
- Working safely at height on site
- Health and safety risks on site
- On-site working practices and equipment safety
Why do you need a CSCS Card?
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) was introduced to the UK’s construction industry to ensure that labourers working on construction sites had the required understanding and training in health and safety. Contractors and construction companies therefore demand that construction workers hold a CSCS card. Without it, workers may be rejected onto a site.
How do you get a CSCS Card?
You must pass this one day course as well as the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test. You can do this in any order and we can also arrange your CITB test and send separate revision. You need to pass this QCF Level 1 course as well as the test to get the CSCS Green Card.
What happens after the exam?
You will get the results on the SAME DAY by email and if you pass this course, we will send you a PDF of your Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment certificate within 1-5 working days.
You simply forward that email to CITB to prove you so that you can arrange your CSCS card application. (They will check to see if you have passed the CITB Health and Safety test in the last two years – the other requirement).
Equivalent and alternative courses:
CITB 1 Day Health & Safety Awareness Course: If you learn better with face-to-face training with a tutor in a classroom, you can take the CITB 1 Day Health & Safety Awareness Course.
Do the course at our centre: If you would prefer to do the course at our centre, you can have access to our workstations. You can come in any day Monday-Saturday for the full 1-day course for the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
If you want further training beyond the CSCS Card, you could then take a Site Safety Supervisors Training Scheme and Site Management Training Scheme.
*Subject to results being issued the same day by the awarding organisation
**1-retake free only. If you fail the retake, you will need to pay for the exam at £54.00.
- You should check your temperature and ensure you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 before attending.
- When visiting our centre you will be required to arrive with your own gloves and face mask.
- Learners and visitors will be required to queue with social distancing in mind and following the floor stickers and staying in the designated areas only.
- Physical contact with staff and learners/customers will be prohibited including handshakes.
The Learning Station provides one of the most affordable and best quality CSCS card exam training in the UK. The centre delivers CSCS courses Monday-Saturday 10-16:00 at its venue in North London.
You can pick any available date and then book online or call us on 02083427210. You may pay in cash on the day but your spot may not be secured this way.
Learners travel from far as Ireland and France for our quality training. You can get to the centre via London Overground, National Rail or London Underground. The nearest stations are minutes away; Harringay Green Lanes Station, Harringay Station and Manor House. Pay and display parking is also available.
There is a pass rate of over 90%. Reserve your spot now so you can sit the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course and get a step closer to your CSCS Card.
Call us now: 0208 342 7210
Email: [email protected]
The full address is 439 Green Lanes, Haringey, London, N4 1HA.