Level 3 Childminding Course Online | Ofsted Approved
Awarding Body: Training Qualifications UK
Study Type: Online, Part-Time Study, Distance Learning
Entry Requirements: No formal requirements but you must be over 16 years old
Duration: 3 months | Self-paced
Warning: Last items in stock!
This Level 3 course is nationally recognised under Ofsted registration. It is Ofqual regulated and the awarding body is TQUK. This means that upon completion, you will achieve a trust-worthy certificate to show potential clients, employers and parents. The self-paced online childminding course is tailored for learners to gain the confidence and competence to become a childminder in a matter of weeks. There are no observations or examinations – learners simply complete online coursework on our learning platform under the guidance of a reliable online assessor.
Across the units, learners will develop an understanding of:
- How to set up a home based child care service
- How to establish a safe and healthy home based environment for children
- The importance of partnerships with parents for all aspects of the home based child care service
- The principles of development of routines for home based child care
- How to provide play and other activities for children in home based settings that will support equality and inclusion
- How home based child carers can support the safeguarding of children in their care
- The principles of supporting positive behaviour in home based child care settings
What happens once I purchase this course?
Once you have made a purchase you will be sent your online account details with step by step instructions. You will be able to log onto your course and start completing your enrolment immediately. Once your enrolment is complete you will be provided with access to your course and you can begin completing your assignments.
Who is it suitable for?
It is suitable for learners who want to become a childminder or for those who wish to set up their very own home-based childcare business.
Do I need to be in a work placement to complete this course?
You can complete this course even if you are not in a work placement. This is a knowledge-only qualification so there will be no observations as part of assessment.
How long does it take to complete?
You have three months to complete the course but as it is self-paced, you could complete it in a matter of a few weeks.
What salary can I expect to get with childminding jobs?
Home-based childcare business person: You set your own prices and you will organise how many children are in your care each day. People will trust those who are qualified with experience, and they will trust to bring their children to your childcare business.
Childminder: On average, childminders will charge £8.00 to £15.00 an hour per child.
Playworker: A worker will earn around £18,000 per year while managerial staff (Level 5 positions) will earn an approximate of £28,000.
Nursery Worker: Qualified nursery workers earn between £15,000 and £22,000.
Career Progression: What related qualifications could I do?
On successful completion of this childminding course, we recommend that students move on to do other childcare courses if they wish to move to specified areas such as residential childcare, or if they move into childcare management.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) (QCF)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Workforce - Early Years (Management) QCF
Why choose The Learning Station?
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen Online & Distance Learning Child Care courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are fully accredited and nationally recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- You can expect a high quality service at an affordable rate
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutor/Assessor
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
No matter where you are in the UK, whether it’s London, Birmingham or Wales, you can benefit from our online courses. There will never be a need for you to come to our centre as your entire course can be completed from wherever you’re based.
Call us now: 0208 342 7210
The full address is 439 Green Lanes, Haringey, London, N4 1HA.