Functional Skills Maths Level 2 (Online Course and Remote Exam)
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: E-Learning
- Duration: 6 Months
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance)
- Payments: Non-Applicable
This Functional Skills Mathematics Course is accredited by HABC and regulated Ofqual, who is the governing body for qualifications across the UK. Functional Skills qualifications at Level 2 are accepted by Universities and higher education as a GCSE Equivalent to Grade C (Grade 4). After you have finished your training and have completed the practice papers on this course, you will then sit a remotely invigilated examination from the comfort of your own home.
The course procedure as follows:
- Course Enrolment (prior attainment and Identification Checks
- Initial Assessment (to assess your current academic level for this subject)
- Diagnostic Assessment (This breaks down the level into detail and creates an automatic learning plan)
- Online learning resources (training materials will be provided via our virtual e-learning platform)
- Skill Checks (after completing learning resources, you will be tested to be sure you have understood the material provided)
- Practice Papers (you will complete practice papers that a tutor will mark and provide you with feedback)
- Online Examination (On completion of your practice papers, we will arrange for your exam to be taken remotely)
On purchase, you can expect to receive login details and instructions for your own online learning area where you can begin your Functional Skills Course.
The duration of the course is 6-months in total, with many students completing their course within the first 3-months.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, candidates should already have a good understanding of this subject, ideally no less than one level below the level they wish to take.
As this course is online, candidates should already have a good understanding of IT.
To be eligible for online examination learners will need to have a laptop/computer with the following features:
- A Web Camera
- A computer/laptop with a Windows operating system (Mac/Tablet/Chromebooks are not compatible)
- A smartphone with a camera
The course will help you to gain knowledge in the following areas.
- Positive and Negative Numbers
- Practical Calculations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
- Recognise and Use 2D 3D
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
- Use, Convert and Calculate Measures
- Collect and Represent Data
- Discrete and Continuous Data
- Investigate Statistics
The duration of the examination is 2-hours and 30-minutes and is completed in one sitting. There are 2 parts to this examination which is complete back-to-back;
Non-Calculator: 40 Minutes
Calculator: 1 hour and 50 minutes
The exams are completed remotely from your own home and the invigilator will monitor you through your webcam, your smartphone camera and monitor your screen via screen share.
Functional skills LEVEL 2 Is equivalent to a GCSE Grade C It allows you to excel in your work and personal life. Gaining a Functional Skills Qualification can Help you secure entry into University as well as improve your job prospects, increase your earnings by giving you tools and knowledge that you can apply in everyday professional situations.
Scroll up now to buy this course, that will enhance your Competence and knowledge, add value to your CV and the skills you can offer to an employer as well as increasing your earnings.
Results for Functional Skills qualifications are usually available within a couple of weeks, however, they can in some cases be held for up to 32-days from the date the exam was taken. The results will be emailed to you once they have been published for the centre to view by the awarding body.
The certificate will be sent to you by email if you have passed your exams, and this will be sent in the form of an e-certificate which Universities and higher education will accept.
If in the unfortunate event you are not successful your examinations, the retake fee for this examination is £80.00.
You can request for your examination to be re-marked, however, this is subject to a £50.00 remarking fee.
If for any reason you are not able to attend your exam or miss your appoint with less than 2-working days notice, you will need to pay the £80.00 retake fee if you wish to take your exam.
You can re-schedule your exam free of charge if you have provided 2-working days’ notice. This needs to be sent in writing to [email protected]
Now Only £384.00
Only £160.00 Per Month