Functional Skills English- Online Course and Online/Remote Exam
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: E-Learning
- Duration: 6 Months
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance)
- Payments: Non-Applicable
On purchase, you can expect to receive login details and instructions for your own online learning area where you can begin your Functional Skills Course. The duration of the course is 6-months in total, with many students completing their course within the first 3-months If you are looking to attain your place to Access to Higher Education and or University, then you are in the right place, accepted in most universities this is your passport to success and fulfilling those dreams and, Yes you can start today with the first of 3 Monthly payments of £160.00, a small price for your future
Sign up now and begin the enrolment process to begin your Learning adventure.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however, candidates should already have a good understanding of this subject, ideally no less than one level below the level they wish to take.
As this course is online, candidates should already have a good understanding of IT.
To be eligible for online examination learners will need to have a laptop/computer with the following features:
- A Web Camera
- A computer/laptop with a Windows operating system (Mac/Tablet/Chromebooks are not compatible)
- A smartphone with a camera
- Course Enrolment (prior attainment and Identification Checks
- Initial Assessment (to assess your current academic level for this subject)
- Diagnostic Assessment (This breaks down the level into detail and creates an automatic learning plan)
- Online learning resources (training materials will be provided via our virtual e-learning platform)
- Skill Checks (after completing learning resources, you will be tested to be sure you have understood the material provided)
- Speaking and Listening Modules (consists of 10 modules preparing you for your speaking and listening assessment)
- Speaking and Listening assessment (You will be assessed and tested in
- Practice Papers (you will complete practice papers that a tutor will mark and provide you with feedback)
- Online Examination (On completion of your practice papers, we will arrange for your exam to be taken remotely)
The duration of the examinations are as follows:
1 hour: Reading
1 hour: Writing
30 minutes: Speaking and Listening
The Reading and Writing examinations are booked back-to-back, sitting both exams on the same day, with a short 10-minute break in-between exams. The exams are completed remotely from your own home and the invigilator will monitor you through your webcam, your smartphone camera and monitor your screen via screen share.
The speaking and listening assessment is carried out through Zoom which our assessors will arrange with you once you have completed your speaking and listening modules. The assessment is 30-minutes; however, you should allow 2-hours as we will complete a ‘mock’ assessment before the real one. There will be a minimum of 2-other delegates in attendance for this.
Results for Functional Skills qualifications are usually available within a couple of weeks, however, they can in some cases be held for up to 32-days from the date the exam was taken. The results will be emailed to you once they have been published for the centre to view by the awarding body.
The certificate will be sent to you by email if you have passed your exams, and this will be sent in the form of an e-certificate which Universities and higher education will accept.
Functional skills LEVEL 2 Is equivalent to a GCSE Grade C It allows you to excel in your work and personal life. Gaining a Functional Skills Qualification can Help you secure entry into University as well as improve your job prospects, increase your earnings by giving you tools and knowledge that you can apply in everyday professional situations.
Scroll up now to buy this course, that will enhance your Competence and knowledge, add value to your CV and the skills you can offer to an employer as well as increasing your earnings.
If in the unfortunate event you are not successful in any one of your examinations, each examination will be chargeable for re-take at £50.00 per exam.
Reading Retake = £50.00
Writing Retake = £50.00
Speaking and Listening Retake = £50.00
Reading and Writing Retake Combined = £80.00
If you are not successful in either your reading or writing examinations, you can request for your examination to be re-marked, however, this is subject to a £50.00 remarking fee.
% OFF When You Pay In Full
Now Only £384.00
Only £160.00 Per Month
Need Some Help?
Fill out the form below and we'll getstraight back to you with help