Functional Skills in ICT Level 2 or Level 1 | Course & Exam
- Time: Non-Applicable
- Learning style: E-Learning
- Duration: 6 Months
- Venue: Online
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Payments: Non-Applicable
Provider's Course Overview
Due to COVID-19, Examinations are suspended until August 2020.
You can call in to book your exam from 27th July, however, in the meantime, feel free to purchase one of our Functional Skills Packages and use the materials available to prepare.
Functional Skills ICT Level 2 and Level 1 is a GCSE-equivalent qualification that you may use for university entry requirements, access course applications or to improve your CV. You may choose the Level you wish to take this course and exam at.
What is included in the price?
- Initial assessments
- Online learning resources and skill checks
- Online tutor/assessor to provide support
- Two Practice exams which are marked by your tutor with feedback
- The final City and Guilds Functional Skills examination at the Level you’re prepared for
- City and Guilds Functional Skills certificate (you can show this to universities, colleges and employers)
GCSE equivalent course
- City and Guilds Functional Skills English at Level 2 is Equivalent to GCSE Grade C
- City and Guilds Functional Skills English at Level 1 is Equivalent to GCSE Grade D
The Functional Skills ICT Level 2 (or Level 1) qualification is for learners who are looking to obtain the essential skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to confidently and effectively carry out tasks at work and in their everyday life. Generally, functional skills qualifications offer a softer and more flexible approach to obtaining a nationally recognised qualification suitable for further education, college, university or employment instead of taking GCSE qualifications.
Once I purchase the course, how does it all work?
Our online e-learning City and Guilds Functional Skills in ICT courses at Level 1 or Level 2 are completed in 7 easy steps. After you make your purchase, you will automatically be emailed your student log-in details so you can begin your enrolment and then you will have access to your course.
We will provide you, the support you need to work through this process:
- Initial assessments to determine your current academic level. The Functional Skills ICT course will then open one level above your score. (It won’t cost you anything extra if you start the course at Level 1 and work your way up to Level 2 ahead of the final examination)
- Diagnostic Assessment to look at all of the different elements you are competent in and which areas require more work
- Interactive Learning Resources will be provided based on your diagnostic assessment. You will be given information, practice quizzes and assessments. There are 12 modules to go through
- Skills Checks are carried out after each learning resource is complete. These will quiz you at the end of any of the course modules to ensure you have gained all of the knowledge required for that particular topic
- Coursework units will open for you to complete. You will write up short reflections and evaluations. These will be checked by your assessor.
- Exam Practice Papers will be provided once you have worked through all of the learning resources and are working at your desired level. You will complete 2 Functional Skills ICT practice papers. One of our experienced tutors will mark them and give you feedback
- Your examinations will be scheduled on a date(s) that is best suited for yourself. You will come to our centre in London to sit the City and Guilds Functional Skills ICT exam. These can be sat on any weekday.
What will you study?
The online Functional Skills ICT course will improve your computer skills and you will achieve a nationally recognised course that will look excellent on your CV.
The course will cover various areas of ICT such as;
- IT Basics
- File Management
- Health, Safety and Security
- Word Processing
Please see the City and Guilds Functional Skills English qualification handbook for more information.
Our Online Learning Platform
Our online e-learning Functional Skills in English courses are completed on our online learning platform, which has been specially designed and tailored to meet the needs of our learners and ensures fast progression and ease of learning. You will have access to your course 24/7 as long as you have an internet connection and a device to access your online learning account. Some of the features our platform promotes:
- A progress bar highlighting the percentage of completion of your course
- A messaging system with your tutor set as a default contact
- Administration staff set as default contacts within the messaging system for additional help and support
- A course page which shows all of the criteria they need to complete
- An e-learning portal for quick access to all of your learning materials and any other learning resource
- We ensure our course tutors are highly experienced, so learners can confidently complete their course with an expectation of receiving support wherever needed.
Our administration team is ready to help learners in any way possible and are happy to provide 1-1 tutorials via Skype/ Telephone if a learner needs assistance with any technical related queries.
Course duration. How long does this course take?
On average the course can be completed in just 7 weeks (based on 4 hours of study per week) – but many of our students have completed it even sooner than that. But it is self-paced so you can take as much time as you wish during your time of access. The course will be available for up to 6 months once purchased.
If you fail the exam:
In the unfortunate event that you are not successful in your examination, you have the chance to re-take the examination for a small fee of £54, including VAT.
Watch this video for an overview of the City and Guilds Functional Skills course:
Why choose The Learning Station?
The Learning Station is an authority for online and class-room based courses, providing one of the most affordable and best quality training in the UK.
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- Chance to complete practice exams and receive constructive feedback
- You can expect a high quality service at an affordable rate
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutor/Assessor
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
Learners travel from far as Ireland and Wales to take exams and courses. You can get to the centre via London Overground, National Rail or London Underground. The nearest stations are minutes away; Harringay Green Lanes Station, Harringay Station and Manor House. Pay and display parking is also available.
Call us now: 0208 342 7210
Email: [email protected]